Yes, another keeper help question. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Yes, another keeper help question.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yes, another keeper help question.

Postby KleShreen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

It's H2H and these are the starting positions:

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, LB, LB

It's 12 teams...here's the scoring:

Passing: 25 yds/pt, 6 pts/TD, -2 pts/INT
Rushing: 10 yds/pt, 6 pts/TD
Receiving: 10 yds/pt, 6 pts/TD
Returning: 15 yds/pt, 6 pts/TD
2 point conversion: 2 pts
-1 pt/fumble, -2 pts/fumble lost
Defense: 1 pt/solo tackle, 0.5 pt/assist, 3 pts/sack, 2 pts/INT, 2 pts/FF, 2 pts/FR, 6 pts/TD, 2 pts/safety, 1 pt/pass defended, 2 pts/block kick

We have to keep 12 players and 2 of them have to be individual defensive players. The guys I've bolded are the ones I'm thinking of keeping. Should I change anything?

Steve Breaston (KC - WR)
Matt Cassel (KC - QB)
Dallas Clark (Ind - TE)
Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
Justin Forsett (Sea - RB)
Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
Derrick Mason (Bal - WR)
Santana Moss (Was - WR)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
Jordan Shipley (Cin - WR)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
Ricky Williams (Mia - RB)

Garrett Hartley (NO - K)

Jacksonville (Jac - DEF)

Ray Lewis (Bal - LB)
Jerod Mayo (NE - LB)
Bernard Pollard (Hou - S)
Greg Toler (Ari - CB)
DeMarcus Ware (Dal - LB)

Should I drop Toler as a keeper and keep Cassel? I guess that's my biggest question. Kickers and defenses I usually just stream week to week...
KleShreen
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yes, another keeper help question.

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 pm

KleShreen wrote:Should I drop Toler as a keeper and keep Cassel? I guess that's my biggest question. Kickers and defenses I usually just stream week to week...

First of all, welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face around here and hope you'll stick ;-D

I think you nailed your keepers situation to a T on the bold names and then having second thoughts on Toler. However, since you only start one QB I wouldn't spend the spot on Cassell (since you already have Schaub/Romo) unless you can work a deal to trade one of those guys before keepers are due - which, by the way I HIGHLY recommend trying. Shoot for a package deal of Schaub or Romo + a lesser position player like Breaston, Moss or maybe even DAW and try to upgrade to a top-10 RB or WR (you're pretty thin at WR and start at least 3, so I'd probably go this way) ...

If you can't swing a deal pre-keepers, I'd keep the 12 you highlighted minus Toler and I'd keep Lewis instead - he has a few years left in the tank and was still beastly even last year.

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yes, another keeper help question.

Postby KleShreen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
KleShreen wrote:Should I drop Toler as a keeper and keep Cassel? I guess that's my biggest question. Kickers and defenses I usually just stream week to week...

First of all, welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face around here and hope you'll stick ;-D

I think you nailed your keepers situation to a T on the bold names and then having second thoughts on Toler. However, since you only start one QB I wouldn't spend the spot on Cassell (since you already have Schaub/Romo) unless you can work a deal to trade one of those guys before keepers are due - which, by the way I HIGHLY recommend trying. Shoot for a package deal of Schaub or Romo + a lesser position player like Breaston, Moss or maybe even DAW and try to upgrade to a top-10 RB or WR (you're pretty thin at WR and start at least 3, so I'd probably go this way) ...

If you can't swing a deal pre-keepers, I'd keep the 12 you highlighted minus Toler and I'd keep Lewis instead - he has a few years left in the tank and was still beastly even last year.

Hope this helps ;-D

Thanks for the info! I sent a message to two guys who posted saying they were looking for a QB so we'll see what happens. Hopefully something, although the guys in the league aren't big traders usually. I'm always skeptical to keep more than the two mandatory IDP's because usually nobody keeps more than two, so there's always good guys available...but really the rest of my offensive guys are atrocious. Haha.
KleShreen
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions