10-12 man league non-PPR feedback plz? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

10-12 man league non-PPR feedback plz?

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-12 man league non-PPR feedback plz?

Postby r1alfarolopez » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

So the league I am in is very simplistic in its general settings. The first thing is that we do not award points per reception and I disagree and I feel most leagues do as well in practice. We have 9 starters and 6 bench so we have 15 players total.
Lineup:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF
6 BENCH

I think that we should have some sort of flex position in there just to add some sort of variability to the game but my leaguemates again dont particularly agree with me. As for the scoring we have changes to the defaults which I am actually fine and will not ask for feedback on general but more on specifics like our commish adding on the new bonuses for the 40+ yd plays. I think those are terrible and unnecessary. I have also lobbied for having return yards count to add value to other players that you otherwise would pass up for a less talented starter just because he is starting.

Anyways I would like feedback on the PPR or lack thereof, the lineups and flex pos., and the scoring add-ons.

Thank you.
r1alfarolopez
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10-12 man league non-PPR feedback plz?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 am

it just comes down to personal preference. if you dont like the league dont play in it, or adapt your strategies to fit the league and win B-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cards24 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:it just comes down to personal preference. if you dont like the league dont play in it, or adapt your strategies to fit the league and win B-)

Basically comes down to what Dan said. There is no wrong or right way of running a league as long as the rules are fair and equal for everyone.

The auction league I have been running close to ten years is EXACTLY the way you described. No ppr, limited rosters and the six bench spots HAVE TO be a sub for each of the starting positions including D/ST. There is no hoarding players. We do have an injury spot for probable, doubtful, and out status. Basically leagues like that you have to work the waiver wire and FA every week for the better matchup. That means there is a little more preparation, research, and strategy involved every week into your weekly roster submittal . We had 300+ transactions last season and at $2 a pop, the end of the year payouts don't hurt either ;)

Fantasy football is all about adjusting to the rules and the scoring system.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Hags888 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm struggling with a similar issue. I personally prefer having at least 1 flex spot, to allow team owners a little creativity in choosing their starting lineup. It also makes it easier to field a starting lineup in the face of injuries, draft busts and different matchups. For me personally, having to start 3 WR seems a bit excessive. While, in some weeks 3 WR is a great option, I like to have other options too, so I don't have to start *exactly* the same types of players week in and week out.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=491527
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Commissioner's Corner