Keep or trade question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep or trade question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep or trade question

Postby fanspor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:50 am

I'm in a 16-team league that keeps 2. My keeper potentials are low: DeAngelo Williams, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kenny Britt or Vernon Davis. I'm overall 7th pick in a snake draft. Its a typical 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1TE, 1 K, 1 Def and 5 reserves. I have the opportunity to trade away my 3rd round pick for either Larry Fitzgerald or Darren McFadden. My question is: Should I keep Williams/Bradshaw/Brit/Davis and keep my 3rd round or should I make the trade for either Fitzgerald or McFadden and keep one of the guys I have?
fanspor
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep or trade question

Postby dblj9911 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 am

If you trade your 3rd rd pick do you still get to keep one of your players? Either way I would make the move for McF. If you pair him up with DWill you will have two quality rb's in a very big league where most teams will have a hard time feilding two players like that. If you even do a mock draft I'm sure that Fitz and McF would both be long gone by your 3rd pick. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=491167
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

Yes, make the move to get McF, you have the option to start 3 RBs in a 16 team league - that means that RBs are gold and I would stock up on as many decenct backs that you can get your hands on. Having McF and DWilliams will be a very good start in a 16 teams league
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I agree. Deal your 3rd which is really a 5th and keep DWIll and Dmac. It solidifies your keeper situation for awhile and isn't too pricey.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

dream_017 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

Yes, make the move to get McF, you have the option to start 3 RBs in a 16 team league - that means that RBs are gold and I would stock up on as many decenct backs that you can get your hands on. Having McF and DWilliams will be a very good start in a 16 teams league

this. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby Venom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 am

Agree with the others.

McFadden for a 3rd round pick in a keeper is great value.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions