Draft Pick trade with Keeper scenario WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft Pick trade with Keeper scenario WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Pick trade with Keeper scenario WHIR

Postby mmart429 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 am

Huge Implications.

I have the 1.9 pick in the draft for 10 team league. It is a keeper league with 2QBs (see signature). I have a possibility to get the 1.2 pick and retain my 1.9 pick but lose my 3.9.

Scenario: I keep Ray Rice/Jamaal Charles (cant decide on this yet) and Mike Vick. I trade Mike vick and 3.9 pick for 1.2 pick and MJD. I know there are injury concerns for both players, but I don't think you can sell Mike Vick at a higher price. QBs are very important in this league and the top 6-7 QBs are already off the board by the end of keeper selection.

At 1.2, the players I will choose from are: Ray Rice/Jamaal Charles (if 1.1 doesnt pick one), Mendenhall, Tony Romo, Darren McFadden, Any QB ranked >8, Calvin Johnson, Turner, SJax. Now, this being said, I also have the 1.9 pick where I could snag another one of these players.

What do you guys think? A little wordy, but this is huge.

I will gladly help you if you leave a link. THANKS!

--------------------

10 team non ppr - 2qb league - 2 keepers. Start 2QBs, 2rbs, 1flex, 2wrs, 1te, 1def, 1k

2 keepers will be our 1st 2 draft rounds' picks. Snake draft and I will be picking 9th in the 3rd round. My keeper options are:

QB - Vick, Rothlesberger
RB - Rice, Turner, Charles, Blount
WR - Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson
mmart429
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Pick trade with Keeper scenario WHIR

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

10 team 2 QB league I am keeping Rice and Vick ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby mmart429 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks,

But would you do the trade scenario above? I could get a lot with those 3 picks. Like a Romo and Big Ben with 3 stud RBs.
mmart429
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm

mmart429 wrote:Thanks,

But would you do the trade scenario above? I could get a lot with those 3 picks. Like a Romo and Big Ben with 3 stud RBs.

If you make the trade you are keeping Rice and MJD? Then you have 1.2 and 1.9, 2.2, then you don't pick again until 4.2

vs

Vick and Rice and having 1.9, 2.2, 3.9 and 4.2

I just don't think it is that much of an upgrade to make the trade
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Venom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Can you see all the QBs being kept?

If you can figure on who would be there for you at the 1.02 it'd make the decision much easier. You can bet everyone is keeping at least one QB in a two QB league...and if all that will be available to get your first one is Orton/McCoy etc. then there is no way I am giving up Vick.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby mmart429 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Venom wrote:Can you see all the QBs being kept?

If you can figure on who would be there for you at the 1.02 it'd make the decision much easier. You can bet everyone is keeping at least one QB in a two QB league...and if all that will be available to get your first one is Orton/McCoy etc. then there is no way I am giving up Vick.

P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Vick* (from trade), Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Brady, Josh Freeman will be kept.

P Manning owner is 1st pick and he has Romo or DMC to choose from for a Keeper. He got burned by Romo last year so I am not sure what he will do. Hopefully he chooses DMC so he will have to choose between Romo and Jamaal Charles. I would obviously pick the one he doesnt. IF he keeps Romo and picks Jamaal, then my plan will kind of backfire. I would then pick between DMC and Mendenhall as my RB3 paired with MJD and Rice. At 1.9 I could get Big Ben/Schaub. At 2.2 I could get another QB like Eli or go after a WR1.

Schaub and Big Ben will be the first available if Romo isnt there.

I am getting a little nervous now looking at my options. If the PManning owner keeps Romo, then I may be setting myself up. And MJD may not be a great guy to use as even a FLEX if he isnt healthy. I guess my goal is to add another solid RB, but with Vick he produces QB1 and RB2/3 numbers combined when healthy on average.

I guess if I stick with Vick and Rice (or Charles, CANT DECIDE!), my first pick at 1.9 and 2.2 could be Big Ben/ schaub and/or Shonne Green / Blount,

Going in circles here. Uggh
mmart429
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions