Save Previous Years(at least) Rulings, Trades, etc... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Save Previous Years(at least) Rulings, Trades, etc...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Save Previous Years(at least) Rulings, Trades, etc...

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

As I continue to play FFB throughout the years I continue to see alot of commishes with memories much worse than mine at half my age.

So, it is important that if you want to ensure that rules and trades are maintained through the following year, you can prove it, you need to cut and paste or even better copy it to a league source so that everyone can see the truth when you state it.

When it comes to FFB from year to year, the truth is simply document, document, document it or lose it.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Save Previous Years(at least) Rulings, Trades, etc...

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Just have a standalone constitution in a word file that is sent out every year to the league via PM/email. Everyone has a hard copy of the rules and there is no room for any shenanigans or accusations of any kind. Each year a new one goes out and everyone gets a copy if there are changes, etc. If one person loses it, no big deal. Beats the heck out of a post getting deleted or edited without a trace, and there's no room for false claims or anything like that ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Just have a standalone constitution in a word file that is sent out every year to the league via PM/email. Everyone has a hard copy of the rules and there is no room for any shenanigans or accusations of any kind. Each year a new one goes out and everyone gets a copy if there are changes, etc. If one person loses it, no big deal. Beats the heck out of a post getting deleted or edited without a trace, and there's no room for false claims or anything like that ;-D

;-D That's what I do, It has saved many many many arguments compared to years past. The first one takes some time to do but the revisions year after year make it easy. As an owner, I would never join a league without a word file constitution.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chargersdiehard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:05 am

I just became commissioner of a league and the league by-laws were cut and paste from other leagues by-laws. 8 point type to 14 point type and they weren't under the proper headings at that. So, I re-typed them into Word and it was 10 pages long but at least we have them. Thanks for the idea of emailing them out instead of just posting on the site. I will do that.
chargersdiehard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner