Another possible trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Another possible trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another possible trade

Postby Pitfan2782 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Keeping McCoy (4th) and Foster (5th). 10-team ppr league. I have Andre Johnson (1st) and Roddy White (2nd) as my potential third keeper. Here's what i'm thinking:

Give: Johnson, White

Receive: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, or Ray Rice

Upside would be having 3 of the top 5 PPR RBs on my squad. Downside would be my receiving core. I'd probably draft Brees in the 2nd or Rivers in the 3rd, but i'd have a 2nd tier receiver as my #1. Thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Another possible trade

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Pitfan2782 wrote:Keeping McCoy (4th) and Foster (5th). 10-team ppr league. I have Andre Johnson (1st) and Roddy White (2nd) as my potential third keeper. Here's what i'm thinking:

Give: Johnson, White

Receive: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, or Ray Rice

Upside would be having 3 of the top 5 PPR RBs on my squad. Downside would be my receiving core. I'd probably draft Brees in the 2nd or Rivers in the 3rd, but i'd have a 2nd tier receiver as my #1. Thoughts?

If you start 2 RBs and a flex, I would deal Johnson and White for the cheapest one of those RBs (Rice?). If you had McCoy, Foster and Rice at reasonable prices that is a killer start if you can start them both. Since you'd be losing AJ or Roddy by not keeping them, you're only swapping the other one for a top-5 RB - I think it's a no-brainer. I honestly like Rice second best by a hair, but he has celining left and is probably the cheapest between those three so I'd do him ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 pm

How many RBs can you start? I don't think it would change my answer much - because as much as I love having RBs I would love to have 2 with 1 great WR over having 3 without a top WR.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Pitfan2782 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex (rb/wr/te)

I'm pretty sure I could trade for any of those three backs, since it's hard to pass up a trade for the top 2 fantasy receivers last season, but again, not having a tier 1 receiver on my squad is the only thing keeping me from offering this trade. MAYBE I can get Wallace in the 3rd, but I think he'd be the highest rated receiver left, and I don't want to draft him in the second when a player like Brees is still on the board.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Pitfan2782 wrote:We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex (rb/wr/te)

I'm pretty sure I could trade for any of those three backs, since it's hard to pass up a trade for the top 2 fantasy receivers last season, but again, not having a tier 1 receiver on my squad is the only thing keeping me from offering this trade. MAYBE I can get Wallace in the 3rd, but I think he'd be the highest rated receiver left, and I don't want to draft him in the second when a player like Brees is still on the board.

IF you kept three RBs, I meant to add your next 2 picks should prolly be WR. I wouldn't stretch for a QB in the second round or anything near there to be honest.

What rounds are those three RBs btw? All 1sts? Do rounds go up by one each year?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:17 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

IF you kept three RBs, I meant to add your next 2 picks should prolly be WR. I wouldn't stretch for a QB in the second round or anything near there to be honest.

What rounds are those three RBs btw? All 1sts? Do rounds go up by one each year?

Agree, if you do the trade your next picks must be WRs ;-D

I still don't think I would make the trade as good as it would be to have 3 RB studs - I think you are hurting the overall team
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 pm

dream_017 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

I still don't think I would make the trade as good as it would be to have 3 RB studs - I think you are hurting the overall team

If you think you can get Wallace types with your pick, Rice is going to be move valuable than best RBA compared Roddy/AJ versus Wallace IMO. It's close though. To have 3 reception machine RBs in this format, I'd sacrifice balance a bit to lock that up and pair Wallace with Manningham or something similar ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Pitfan2782 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Foster is a 5th rounder, McCoy a 4th, White a 2nd, and Johnson a 1st. We give up the pick in the round they were drafted.

Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Pitfan2782 wrote:Foster is a 5th rounder, McCoy a 4th, White a 2nd, and Johnson a 1st. We give up the pick in the round they were drafted.

I mean the trade targets :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

If you think you can get Wallace types with your pick, Rice is going to be move valuable than best RBA compared Roddy/AJ versus Wallace IMO. It's close though. To have 3 reception machine RBs in this format, I'd sacrifice balance a bit to lock that up and pair Wallace with Manningham or something similar ...

It can be done and you can have success, but I would not want to do it. I am currently in a league - I have 4 top RBs, with a huge list of average/marginal WRs. I won the league last year but it is frustrating picking the right combination week to week. If I could get White or Johnson and give up one of my RB I would in a second. I just can't get the value back so I am stuck hoping to hit on a WR.

I'm guessing all 3 RBs have different bye weeks meaning 3 weeks you are still at 2 RBs starting for the week, with your load of avg. WRs.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions