Is it time to trade MJD in keeper league? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is it time to trade MJD in keeper league? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it time to trade MJD in keeper league? WHIR

Postby ibweis » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm in a 10-team PPR league with 6pts for all TDs and bonuses for long scores and yardage milestones. WRs are very valuable in this league as we start 2 and have a TE/WR flex and the bonus and long TD structure favor them.

We can keep up to 2 players. I have MJD, AJ and Fitz and pick in 9th position with the snake starting at the end of round 3. So my picks are as follows: 1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.02, 5.09, 6.02. The first two picks are forfeited if you keep players.

AJ is a no brainer. Typically, MJD is a no brainer. However...is it time to start thinking about how many more good fantasy seasons MJD has? Is it time to question MJDs trade value now versus his next 2-3 year production? Its possible for me to package MJD and Fitz for a stud RB, or even Roddy White or Megatron.

Players I would NOT be able to trade for: Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, AP, Rice, Charles, Rodgers, McCoy. This being the case, should I just give MJD one more year since the RB quality I'll be able to pick up at 3.09 and 4.02 won't compare even if I'll have such a WR advantage?

I welcome any and all advice or criticism.
ibweis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is it time to trade MJD in keeper league? WHIR

Postby Venom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 pm

I personally think he has at least 2 more solid seasons, and although his ADP has dropped within the last couple months, its all speculative. According to all the reports, he is healthy and ready to go in 2011.

I don't think with all the speculation makes it the best time to look to trade him, anyway. I would wait until he puts 100/2 on the board during the season if you decide to.

I'd roll with MJD and AJ, using Fitz as trade bait to snag another pick. Hype up the Kolb deal if you have to.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 pm

You would be selling at his lowest point in a long time so I would hold off and roll the dice that he is healthy. Give it until mid season, see where your team is at that point and take it from there.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Keep MJD....he is rested and motivated. The numbers he gives you are too big. Fitz is amazing...who knows if Kolb will be a great pick up or the next AJ Feeley.

HELP viewtopic.php?t=491222
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby saemick » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

djadrock wrote:Keep MJD....he is rested and motivated. The numbers he gives you are too big. Fitz is amazing...who knows if Kolb will be a great pick up or the next AJ Feeley.

this is what I was thinking myself. I'd keep him for another year and see what happens... use Fitz as the trade bait

please help:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=491225
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby guyj72 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:57 am

I agree not to trade him while he is low. If he comes back that would be the time to trade him. Hopefully he has a good year and then try to trade him next year.
guyj72
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dblj9911 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 am

I think that MJD should have another year or two left, but from what I have read he has no cartlidge left in his knee. So if it is bone on bone it will be tough for him to play through that for too many years. I think you are safe this year, but if you fall out of the playoffs I would look to trade him and look towards the 2012 season. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=491237
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Deleted

Postby METS 24 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:37 am

Deleted
Last edited by METS 24 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 Teams
QB-Robert Griffin III
RB-Arian Foster
RB-Darren McFadden
WR-Roddy White
WR-Greg Jennings
FLEX-Lamar Miller
TE-Brent Celek
K-Greg Zuerlein
DST-Eagles

BENCH
QB-Terrelle Pryor
RB-Daniel Thomas
WR-Davone Bess
WR-Lance Moore
TE-Dallas Clark
METS 24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hippo45 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:10 am

I think you should trade him now while he still has some trade value. If he does poorly this year or gets injured he will have even less value. I don't think it would be bad to trade for MJD and Fitz together, but the team would have to be willing to accept both of those as their two keepers. So trading them together probably won't help much unless a team that has a stud RB doesn't have a good #2 keeper. WRs this year seems very limited so trading him for Calvin Johnson wouldn't be such a bad move.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions