Wrestling Over Trade Proposal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Wrestling Over Trade Proposal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wrestling Over Trade Proposal

Postby TonyB0505 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,

I am in a league that is designed for long-term success. This is its second year. Somehow I managed to have a really nice team, but it is getting long in the tooth. That said, my daughter needs a defense and her old man is trying to finnagle some kind of trade that might work. Now, I am pretty deep at WR and TE (we have flex). And I am thinking of a trade that gets me younger, but does not compromise a lot of points.

I was thinking of:
Buc's defense + Reggie Wayne + Sims-Walker + Phil Daeson (K)

-for-

Dez Bryant + Reggie Bush + Garrett Hartley

OR

Mike Wallace + Reggie Bush + Garrett Hartley

The kicker portion just meant to sweeten the pot for me.

Main questions I have are:
1) Realizing it is a keeper league and Wayne is 32, does it make sense?

2) Which one do you prefer going after and why?

(I have to admit...Bryant intrigues me and with the coach in his 2nd year, Romo back, etc., and how receivers often bust out 2nd or 3rd year. Plus he is only 22.)

Well, any advice is appreciated.
TonyB0505
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wrestling Over Trade Proposal

Postby LSUby50 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 am

Id prefer to get mike wallace over the Dez Bryant package, but dont really like either one for Wayne. Could you get someone thrown in besides Bush?

i think trading Wayne at this point in a keeper league isnt a bad move, especially to get a younger WR, but id try to get more than just reggie bush as a throw in, Wayne isnt dead yet, and coming off of a good season, still has Peyton, you should be able to get more imo. Trying to get younger is always smart, but i wouldnt sacrifice the present for the future.

ps: sims-walker also has alot of upside, could be the #1 in St louis with a good young QB.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby LMack » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 am

I am pretty high on Mike Wallace and like that deal. What are the scoring settings of your league? Mike Wallace has low reception totals compared to Reggie Wayne due to his usage, but he breaks off deep players and scores TDs. If you have standard scoring (no points per reception), I give Wallace the nod over Wayne in 2011, as well as the future.

I feel that the Dez Bryant package hurts your immediate future too much. A little tweaking to the Bryant deal could get it done, though. If you can get a better RB (as far as 2011 is concerned) than Bush thrown in with the Dez Bryant deal, I'd lean towards that one.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:36 pm

How many can you keep, who are your other WR's and how many do you start?

I like both deals for you but would lean towards the potential of Bryant. I feel he has more potential to be a top 3 WR then Wallace does. LMack is right though that if Wallace or Dez becomes your WR1 then Wallace is probably the better option for this year but not long term.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TonyB0505 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey, thanks guys!

This is 16 team lead and here is who I have for primary places (it is an auction league). Here are some of my better players:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Reggie Wayne
TE - Antonio Gates
WR/TE - Johnny Knox

Reserves
RB - Thomas Jones
RB - Rickey Williams
WR - Sims-Walker
TE - Tony Gonzales

So, you can see I am fairly stacked (how the hell did I bid this team!). My daughter has crap for RB's except for what she probably will not part with.

It is interesting the varied opinions!

By the way, one thing you can see is it doesn't hurt me terribly to dangle S-W with my abundance of WR/TE. Come to think of it, anyone can volunteer who they prefer - Knox or S-W.

Thanks again!

Tony
TonyB0505
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions