Braylon/Marcedes for ZMiller/VJax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Braylon/Marcedes for ZMiller/VJax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Braylon/Marcedes for ZMiller/VJax

Postby DCFan17 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:04 pm

I have Vernon Davis as my TE1, and Marcedes Lewis as TE2. Want to get another WR because I only have Bowe, Harvin, Plax and Edwards.
I have Braylon Edwards, but now he's a 49er. Plax might be rusty, so I need a quality WR3.

The guy I was looking to trade with has Zach Miller as his TE, who just went to Seattle who now has a "Rookie" QB.
He's also pretty set at WR with Calvin and Andre Johnson and also has Sidney Rice.

Should I trade Braylon Edwards and Marcedes Lewis for Vincent Jackson and Zach Miller... is that a fair trade?
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Braylon/Marcedes for ZMiller/VJax

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:23 pm

I would do this in a heartbeat. Like, do it now! Don't even read the rest of my explanation :-b

Jackson is so much more elite than Braylon that's not even funny IMO, and Miller to Marcedes is not that much of a step back (if any) in potential. Then when you consider you have Davis and those TEs in question are your backup fodder, it's a no-brainer.

So like I said, hit "accept" already ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DCFan17 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Haha. I submitted the request. The problem is, I'm the one requesting the trade. Do you think it's something he'll accept?

I keep forgetting I have Mike Williams. Maybe I'll be okay after all, but even if I take VJax and Miller from him, later when I have to acquire another D/ST or QB for BYE weeks, I could always dump Miller (depending on performance).

So I guess the question is, if you had VJax and Miller, would you take this trade from me?

Hopefully he says yes.
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

DCFan17 wrote:Haha. I submitted the request. The problem is, I'm the one requesting the trade. Do you think it's something he'll accept?

I keep forgetting I have Mike Williams. Maybe I'll be okay after all, but even if I take VJax and Miller from him, later when I have to acquire another D/ST or QB for BYE weeks, I could always dump Miller (depending on performance).

So I guess the question is, if you had VJax and Miller, would you take this trade from me?

Hopefully he says yes.

I wouldn't, but I can see why someone might and it's always worth trying ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DCFan17 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Guess we'll see... Here's hoping, lol... especially since I have Philip Rivers.
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dblj9911 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:27 pm

If he goes for it then do it, but I think you may have to do a 2 for 1 to get VJax. VJax should be back to his old form and he is a #1 high end #2 wr, so why would he break up that great trio of wr's? It all is coming down to how he feels about Miller going to Seattle and if he thinks Lewis will be a big upgrade for him. To me VJax is better than Braylon and Lewis and Miller are about a wash, maybe a slight edge to Lewis. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions