big keeper question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

big keeper question

Moderator: Football Moderators

big keeper question

Postby cfurtad1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm in a ppr league, 4 points for td pass, everything else standard..qb's get the most points usually..I have to select 5 keepers..also we start one qb and a opI (I start two qbs basically)..two rb and three wr/te
my options are: big ben, matt ryan, mjd, mccoy, mcfadden, mike wallace, and miles austin..instead of choosing between those 5, im trying to make a trade...im thinking about offering this trade but not sure if I'm getting enough:
I would trade big ben, mcfadden, and mike wallace
for
flacco, fitzgerald, his first pick (after all keepers are selected)
then my keepers would look like: flacco, ryan, mjd, mccoy, fitzgerald..
this is just a thought...if I dont trade anyway, Im leaning towards ryan,big ben, mjd, mccoy, mcfadden
any input or advice is appreicated.thanks
cfurtad1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: big keeper question

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 pm

First of all, welcome to the Cafe! Good to see a new face around here and hope you stick around ;-D

As for the trade, I don't like that deal at all. Ben to Flacco is a downgrade, Wallace to Fitz is a slight upgrade and McFadden to 1st pick is a huge downgrade. You have a tough roster to pare down because of the OP making you need/want to keep 2 QBs, but here's what I'd do:

Ben and Ryan (must keeps in your league format as QBs are the big scorers and you have two top-10 guys with upside), McCoy (no-brainer in PPR), McFadden (ditto) and then your favorite of MJD, Wallace and Austin in the last spot. Not sure of your starting requirements, but in OP leagues with 5 keepers, I'd say keeping 2 QBs and 3 RBs wouldn't be a terrible start.

You have two fringe WR1 guys, but 3 top-10 RBs, so it's a bit of a connundrum. If you could work a deal for MJD and a WR for an elite WR like Roddy or a younger, lower risk back I'd do that. With 7 easily keepable guys, you need to try your hardest to upgrade what you have before you lose that value to not being able ot keep them ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions