Trade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Postby bopll » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I am in a 2-player keeper league (1 keeper per position).

Right now, I have McCoy and Reggie Wayne slotted as keepers, and I'm trying to use McFadden as trade bait.

Another team is offering me Calvin Johnson and a 5th rounder for a 2nd round pick. Would the upgrade be worth it? I am also trying to shop around McFadden for a draft pick, but I haven't gotten any biters yet.

Thanks in advance. This is my first post; I hope i'm not breaking any rules!

Edit: also an unrelated question: what does WHIR mean in the thread topics around here?

Double Edit: I am drafting 8th this year.
Last edited by bopll on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bopll
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Postby Venom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Where do you pick?

The Calvin owner already has 2 picks, or he wouldn't offer a top 3 WR for trade. Simple as that. What this means to you is that if no one else makes a trade, CJ is available in the draft.

I would hold McCoy and McFadden...2 RBs as this guy did, or he wouldn't have Calvin as trade bait. More info is always helpful....but this has me wanting to watch personally.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Re: Drade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Postby bopll » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Right, the problem is that in our league, you can only keep 1 player per position (i.e, you can't keep 2 RB's or 2 WRs). Stupid rule, i know.

The reason he is willing to let go of CJ is that he already has Andre Johnson

And I am drafting 8th, so I don't think there's any way CJ makes it all the way down to me.
bopll
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: Trade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Postby guyj72 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am

I would do it because CJ will be drafted in the first round and you will be getting him for a 2nd round pick. I say this without knowing too much about your league but I think this should work out for you.
guyj72
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Trade 2nd round pick for Calvin Johnson?

Postby dblj9911 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 am

So I"m assuming that you don't lose any draft picks by keeping your players. So you will get an upgrade at wr with CJ over Wayne, but lose out on your 2nd rd draft pick, but pick up a 5th rd pick. To me you lose out too much on the lose of your 2nd rd pick and having a 5th rd and CJ. I do think that CJ will have a big year if Stafford stays healthy, but the difference between Wayne and him won't be as great as what you will lose out on from your draft picks. Stick with what you have.
p.s. WHIR means will help in return, when someone posts they will help others who give responses and leave a link to there post
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions