Keeper Trade Big Ben/Hillis/Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Trade Big Ben/Hillis/Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Trade Big Ben/Hillis/Jackson

Postby whatinthebluehell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm in a 12 Team Keeper League. I've been offered Peyton Hillis and Fred Jackson in exchange for Big Ben.
I have Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez at QB and have Addai, and Forte as my most solid RB's.
Thoughts? I'm a bit hesitant in Hillis short and long term. I'd almost rather keep Big Ben as security.
whatinthebluehell
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Trade Big Ben/Hillis/Jackson

Postby LMack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:59 pm

I am hesitant to draft Peyton Hillis as a RB1 this year, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do a move like this. Hillis is a very physical back with pass catching ability, and should at least get the red zone touches for the Browns for a while. He might not age gracefully, but he is just 25 years old. Fred Jackson will still get a chance to shoulder the majority of the Bills' carries while CJ Spiller still develops. You are getting a great return for Big Ben in the form of 2 solid running backs. Quarterback-wise, Matt Ryan is solid enough to fill the Big Ben gap.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Venom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:33 pm

LMack wrote:I am hesitant to draft Peyton Hillis as a RB1 this year, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do a move like this. Hillis is a very physical back with pass catching ability, and should at least get the red zone touches for the Browns for a while. He might not age gracefully, but he is just 25 years old. Fred Jackson will still get a chance to shoulder the majority of the Bills' carries while CJ Spiller still develops. You are getting a great return for Big Ben in the form of 2 solid running backs. Quarterback-wise, Matt Ryan is solid enough to fill the Big Ben gap.

I like the trade as well.

;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Pitfan2782 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:07 pm

I'd do this trade just so I could use Hillis' name as trade bait for an upgrade at that position. Maybe package him and Addai for a better back.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cameron10483 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Agree, pull the trigger. Ryan can equal Big Ben and some young QB's should step up this year as well (Freeman, Bradford, Stafford, etc...)
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby m16a » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:28 pm

LMack wrote:I am hesitant to draft Peyton Hillis as a RB1 this year, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do a move like this. Hillis is a very physical back with pass catching ability, and should at least get the red zone touches for the Browns for a while. He might not age gracefully, but he is just 25 years old. Fred Jackson will still get a chance to shoulder the majority of the Bills' carries while CJ Spiller still develops. You are getting a great return for Big Ben in the form of 2 solid running backs. Quarterback-wise, Matt Ryan is solid enough to fill the Big Ben gap.

Agreed with LMack here. You give up a strength to improve your RB corps, the most important part of your team. With Forte as a decent number 1, and Hillis having RB1 upside, you've got a good chance of improving your team. This will allow you to focus on WR and strengthen that position with already solid RB depth. I'd pull the trigger. Good luck. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby mtuhusky » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I like Ryan more than Ben this year and I'm a Hillis believer. Even if you aren't huge on Hillis, I'd say he is a bigger upgrade to Forte/Addai than Big Ben is to Matt Ryan. Pill the trigger imo.

viewtopic.php?t=491250
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions