Keep Grant or Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep Grant or Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep Grant or Thomas?

Postby Shark1225 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 pm

12 teamer, standard scoring, for the positins anyway.
I can keep 3, but for draft picks. I have decided to keep Bowe for a 2nd and Blount for a 17th. Now for my final keeper I have Grant for a 14th or Thomas for a 16th, basically which player would you rather have.

I am drafting 3rd and will likely take MJD, hence why I am keeping Bowe at 2.10, if it was 2.01 I wouldn't dream of keeping him but I need a #1 WR. Both Grant and Thomas are better values but I need the studs and hopefully I can trade him.

I just don't see Grant as being the guy anymore in GB while JAX has no other reliable wideouts, not to mention I could keep him forever and hope he becomes another Steve Smith (CAR). I had thoughts about keeping Grant and Bowe and trying to draft Thomas in round 7 or 8, because I think I could but Grant definitely will be gone by then.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep Grant or Thomas?

Postby ben jammin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:06 pm

What gives your team the best shot?
MJD, Grant and Bowe or
MJD, Bowe and Thomas.

I do think Thomas may turn out to be something. I guess it depends on what you think. Is Grant a better #2RB at his draft pick or is Thomas a better #3-4WR at his draft pick. If you do get MJD, who do you see being there at your next pick at RB. Is he going to be better than Grant. I think I would pick Grant. I don't think he is completely washed up. Good luck with your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shark1225 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I am torn right now. Just did a mock draft and Bowe went surprisingly low, 4.12. But granted there will be 36 players missing. I cold keep Blount and Grant and Thomas and draft AJ at #3 - I did forget, we get .5 PPR.
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LMack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Definitely Ryan Grant here. Despite James Starks' Superbowl heroics, it seems like Grant will be able to reclaim his former job. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has reported that Grant has been taking snaps with the first team all week. HC Mike McCarthy will likely use one back heavily at a time, relying the most on whoever is the "hot-hand" at the time. To quote a Rotoworld blurb, "McCarthy's history suggests he will instead stick with the hot hand "for stretches," preferring one back to touch the ball 20 times per game. "That's his style," says beat writer Tyler Dunne." Grant has the first shot at this job, and that comes with a lot of value. Grant is young enough (28) to recover from his 2010 injury and be the featured runningback on a high powered offense.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby LMack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Shark1225 wrote:I am torn right now. Just did a mock draft and Bowe went surprisingly low, 4.12. But granted there will be 36 players missing. I cold keep Blount and Grant and Thomas and draft AJ at #3 - I did forget, we get .5 PPR.

I like taking Andre Johnson at 3, but might like MJD a bit more there. If you threw back Bowe, you'd have your 2.10 pick right? What WRs would be available there if you took a RB in round 1?
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Shark1225 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:29 pm

LMack wrote:If you threw back Bowe, you'd have your 2.10 pick right? What WRs would be available there if you took a RB in round 1?
That's just it, nobody knows because we name our keepers at the same time. Most of the elite WR's will be in the draft since they were first rounders last season (you keep a player one round before where he was drafted last season, all first round picks are re-drafted). Nicks will likely be kept but probably not other tier 1 WR's. I would put Bowe near the bottom of guys who would be consider WR1's. Now that I think about it he would probably be the only one left so I may be able to get him without keeping him.

The reason I was thinking of taking Johnson #3 is there are more guys like Brandon Jacobs who should be available late.
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions