Need advice ASAP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need advice ASAP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need advice ASAP

Postby Pitfan2782 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Foster suffered a hamstring injury during Friday's practice, but the severity of the injury was not disclosed, and Foster himself doesn't seem too worried about it. Now, I'm probably going to keep him this season as a 5th round pick, but I've seen hamstring injuries linger on running backs throughout the season. This could be nothing, and I could be overreacting, but I could still offer him up for a trade with Chris Johnson straight up. This would mean I'd give up a potential #1 RB at great value (5th round) for a potential #1 RB with normal value (1st). We declare our keepers next Saturday I believe, so I have a week, but I would have to offer trades and have them processed before then. Should I wait it out and hope it's nothing at all, or should I get the best trade I can get before people realize he's hurt?
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need advice ASAP

Postby ben jammin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:49 pm

I myself am sticking with Foster and releasing McCoy. You still have a week. They should release some news by then, but that won't help with trading. I have confidence he will play. He did play hurt last year. Roll with Foster
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pitfan2782 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:50 pm

ben jammin wrote:I myself am sticking with Foster and releasing McCoy. You still have a week. They should release some news by then, but that won't help with trading. I have confidence he will play. He did play hurt last year. Roll with Foster

We keep three, so I'm keeping Foster AND McCoy right now, ha. But yea, I'm leaning towards keeping him and just hoping for the best. I guess he was tearing it up in practice, so maybe they rest him for a week or so, and he comes back at 100%.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cameron10483 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:56 pm

It's nothing to worry about. Foster will be fine, especially when you're getting him in the 5th, it's a no brainer.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby m16a » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Cameron10483 wrote:It's nothing to worry about. Foster will be fine, especially when you're getting him in the 5th, it's a no brainer.

Agree with this. Don't overreact. Be patient, wait for info to emerge, and make your choices based on the best info available. You can't just cut and run with a guy of Foster's potential. If you get him as a 5th, that's a steal. Just stay pat and watch him rake for you. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions