First Overall, who ya got?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

First Overall, who ya got?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: First Overall, who ya got?!

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I am a huge fan of Foster. I talked highly about him last year and said he would have a good year......I'm a blatant liar if I said I thought he would have the year he did, but I saw a lot of good things in him, and his situation. But the thing is just as its a gamble to pick him last year, its a gamble this year. Obviously not nearly as much but when I'm talking about drafting 1st overall, I am going with high upside...and consistency. I gotta go with AP, and I will be going with AP.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

I want pick 6 in all leagues because I have AP, Foster, CJ, Jamal, Rice and McCoy as fairly even. I'd be content with any of them as my rb#1, however if I am picking #1 it is Foster. Minnesota is going to struggle offensively and AP will have 8 in the box on every carry. Foster is on a much better offense, I always like that with my RB's.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:53 pm

murphysxm wrote:I want pick 6 in all leagues because I have AP, Foster, CJ, Jamal, Rice and McCoy as fairly even. I'd be content with any of them as my rb#1, however if I am picking #1 it is Foster. Minnesota is going to struggle offensively and AP will have 8 in the box on every carry. Foster is on a much better offense, I always like that with my RB's.

I agree with half of your post, but I have to disagree with the rest. I agree how I would love to pick at 6 because I rank all 6 of those players the same. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 2 of Charles, McCoy or Rice finish in the top 3. With the addition of McNabb to the Vikings, I doubt teams will stack 8 in the box every play because McNabb can and will beat you through the air if he has too.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby ben jammin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

I would go with Foster. He was a monster last year. He played hurt as well. If the hamstring is not to bad I would go with him. If it bothers him to bad then I would go Peterson.Good luck with your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions