Standard rules: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/footb ... ardscoring

12 team league. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1K

QB: Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy
RB: Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Jahvid Best, Rashad Jennings
WR: Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Johnny Knox, Jacoby Ford, Lance Moore
TE: Marcedes Lewis
PK: Nate Kaeding
TD: Philadelphia Eagles

Need a backup TE, and saw Jimmy Graham went undrafted, so when the league gets set up this week, want to drop (probably) Lance Moore for him. I see Lance Moore having some upside, but think Graham could be a nice trade chip if he works out and Lewis repeats 2010.

What do you guys think? Knox scares me since I'm hearing just after I drafted that he might be relegated to ST w/ the Roy Williams addition and Hester as WR2, which baffles me.

Thanks in advance, and will help you as well.
mquinnjr
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Roster - WHIR!

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Overall this is a solid team.

Jahvid Best is poised for a huge break out with Mikel Leshoure out for the year if he can stay healthy. That if is pretty big, but as flex play Best could end up being a draft day steal. Rashad Jennings is a MJD handcuff and could also see some extra carries between the 20s this year to reduce MJD's workload.

I wouldn't be too worried about Johnny Knox because you only start 2 wideouts. Even though Roy Williams will likely steal targets, Hester is simply not a better WR than Knox. Knox was making progress as a developing WR in the NFL, and it wouldn't make sense to give up on him now. If he does end up on special teams, Jacoby Ford could be serviceable as your back up wideout. Ford's sleeper campaign had a slight setback after this hand injury, but if he can rehab Ford could end up being the Raiders version of a DeSean Jackson.

Marcedes Lewis is a solid RZ target for the Jags, but I would definitely pick up Jimmy Graham. The Saints believe enough in Graham to let go of Shockey, and Graham is a solid athlete. Brees started to target him more towards the end of the year, and should continue to in 2011.

Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Fantasy GM » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Liek LMack said, I think you have a very solid team. Not only do you have good starters (AP, VJax, Matt Ryan, etc.), but the depth behind them will help your team down the road too. Lance Moore will get plenty of looks if Colston's knee acts up, Jennings will get touches behind MJD and his repaired knee. Though Jerome Harrison is in DET now, Best will be getting the lion's share of the carries. Eagles have a solid defense to work with as well.

What do you think of my team? viewtopic.php?t=491631
Fantasy GM
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyImpactDude » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm

You actually don't need a backup TE, or a backup QB for that matter.

I can understand someone wanting a backup QB, but a backup TE is not necessary. I would much rather have that extra WR/RB spot. I'm actually really liking this roster.

One thing; when did you draft Nate Kaeding? I'm hoping it was the last round, because there is no point in drafting one before the last round. Same thing with Eagles D/ST, except the round before last.

Jahvid Best is your flex, correct? That's a very good flex option. I think you would feel better throughout the year with 5 RB, but that's just me. My drafts I get 6 RB/WR, 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, and 1 K. I love my teams at the end.

Just my two cents.
Draft September 2nd! Last Year 2nd Place 9-4-1 in regular season
FantasyImpactDude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings