Filling The Flex Spot........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Filling The Flex Spot........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Filling The Flex Spot........

Postby etl1692 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:57 am

This may be a silly question but when a having a Flex spot what position do you usually fill in for that spot? Obvously its depending on who is best available on your team, but is it usually RB's?

Thanks!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Filling The Flex Spot........

Postby Hippo45 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:46 am

Yes, it is usually a running back because you can count on them to get carries compared to WR who will have to compete for catches. Guaranteed points vs. risky TD option that most flex WRs only offer
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Almost always shoot for RBs, but that depends on a lot of things like league depth (deeper leagues mean more sparse RB depth and more comparably usable WRs), scoring settings (if it's a points-per-reception league or one that rewards return yardage, then you can get value at flex out of some lesser receivers that might be better than your average third-down back like Sproles, etc.). The last thing that could affect this is the "OP" position that's gaining popularity in leagues, where you can start any offensive player in your flex spot (which favors a second QB at least 95% of the time).

Hope this helps, and feel free to chip in with your league settings, size, etc. if you want help applying my post to your exact situation ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaysfreak13 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 am

I generally go RBs but depends on your league I'm in 2 league one that is a standard scoring with a flex option and the other where its a PPR league I plan on having that one with a WR if I can find one that's good enough that will get lots of catches
jaysfreak13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions