IN NEED OF IDEAS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

IN NEED OF IDEAS

Moderator: Football Moderators

IN NEED OF IDEAS

Postby draftingBLIND79 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:22 am

I am new to this site, and I hope I can get a little help with my current problem.

I am joining a fantasy league that has been together for a couple years. I have never drafted with these guys before, so I don't know their thought process or even what they did last year. This draft is on Labor Day, and I was just informed that I have the 10th pick, and it's out of 10 teams.

I guess what i'm asking is, do you think it's a good idea to draft the two best WR options, because I know probably 8 RB's will go before my pick, and instead of trying to get the 10th best RB, I have a good chance to get either the best two WR's or top 2 out of 3. If I decide to pick two receivers, which ones are best to take with those first two picks? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DraftingBLIND79
draftingBLIND79
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: IN NEED OF IDEAS

Postby geeksincleats » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 am

I am in a PPR league, but am hoping for a late draft position myself so that I can execute this particular strategy. I think its an even better idea if the league's scoring format gives you a point per reception. If this is the case, I would certainly grab Andre Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald. Not only are they elite wide receivers, but both have quality QBs and a big drop off at the 2nd WR position on those teams. These are the Go To Guys without question. Calvin Johnson would be a close third, but injury concerns have me choosing Fitz.

Alternatively, if you are not in a PPR league, consider the best WR as well as the best available RB, because there may be some 2nd tier WRs still available by your next pick such as a Dez Bryant, Greg Jennings or Mike Williams (TB). Although, the same can be said for 2nd tier RBs that may be available by your next pick as well, such as a LaGarrette Blount, Peyton Hillis or Ahmad Bradshaw. All these names have an ADP (avg draft position) of about 28-36, making them possibilities for your next series of picks.

Good Luck! Hope this helps.
geeksincleats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: IN NEED OF IDEAS

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am

You should have Turner, SJax and McFadden to choose from and maybe MJD at 1.10. They all have a chance at producing top 5 numbers if they have good seasons.

The top 2 WR's on my board are AJ and CJ. If you are in a PPR I would be all over them at 1.10 and 2.01. If not, I would likely go RB/WR and at least lock up the #1 WR in AJ.

Then at 3.10 and 4.01 you can do the same thing with a Mike Williams (maybe Wallace or Wayne) paired up with Matthews, Greene or DWill.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions