What's Jahvid Best's value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What's Jahvid Best's value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's Jahvid Best's value?

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/0 ... line_stack

LeShoure is out of the picture. I am in a keeper league, and my 5 keepers are vastly superior to Best.

So my question: What draft pick should I try to get for him? We have 15 man rosters, 5 keepers (none of the keeping in x-round business either, just 5 straight up keepers).
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's Jahvid Best's value?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Why would you trade him at this point? Do you have a lot of depth? If you can provide league size, settings and your roster we'll be able to better assess your situation, but he's certainly worth considering as a keeper in a keep-5 unless you're stacked. If you are, then I'll gladly chip in with what I think you can get for him when I have the rest of the info ;-D
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: What's Jahvid Best's value?

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:38 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Why would you trade him at this point? Do you have a lot of depth? If you can provide league size, settings and your roster we'll be able to better assess your situation, but he's certainly worth considering as a keeper in a keep-5 unless you're stacked. If you are, then I'll gladly chip in with what I think you can get for him when I have the rest of the info ;-D


WaCoug, as much as you comment on my trades, you should know my situation now! :P I only have one league that I play, so I don't have spread attention. You may recognize this from another post, but my keepers, as they stand, are

Ray Rice
Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald

extras: miles austin and now jahvid best.

I'm working out a trade with fitz for andre. I think my BEST scenario is giving up Fitz and Jahvid for Andre (I might be able to do, the guy needs RBs) and I have a current offer for a late 2nd round pick for Austin.

8 man keeper, 15 man roster with QB RB RB RB/WR WR WR TE K DEF and 6x BEN. I'm beginning to think I should just make a static "this is my team and my updated thoughts" thread.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's Jahvid Best's value?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Those About To Rock wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Why would you trade him at this point? Do you have a lot of depth? If you can provide league size, settings and your roster we'll be able to better assess your situation, but he's certainly worth considering as a keeper in a keep-5 unless you're stacked. If you are, then I'll gladly chip in with what I think you can get for him when I have the rest of the info ;-D


WaCoug, as much as you comment on my trades, you should know my situation now! :P I only have one league that I play, so I don't have spread attention. You may recognize this from another post, but my keepers, as they stand, are

Ray Rice
Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald

extras: miles austin and now jahvid best.

I'm working out a trade with fitz for andre. I think my BEST scenario is giving up Fitz and Jahvid for Andre (I might be able to do, the guy needs RBs) and I have a current offer for a late 2nd round pick for Austin.

8 man keeper, 15 man roster with QB RB RB RB/WR WR WR TE K DEF and 6x BEN. I'm beginning to think I should just make a static "this is my team and my updated thoughts" thread.


Indeed! Lots of rosters to keep track of in this scattered brain of mine ;-) O:-)

While Fitz is a great keeper, if you can get AJ for him and Best, you might as well - upgrade until you can't do it any more! A 2nd for Austin is a nice bonus as well - might as well get something for him before you lose him, and it's always a pretty easy sell when a guy wants someone and knows he can't get him back in the draft ;-)
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: What's Jahvid Best's value?

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:01 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Those About To Rock wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Why would you trade him at this point? Do you have a lot of depth? If you can provide league size, settings and your roster we'll be able to better assess your situation, but he's certainly worth considering as a keeper in a keep-5 unless you're stacked. If you are, then I'll gladly chip in with what I think you can get for him when I have the rest of the info ;-D


WaCoug, as much as you comment on my trades, you should know my situation now! :P I only have one league that I play, so I don't have spread attention. You may recognize this from another post, but my keepers, as they stand, are

Ray Rice
Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald

extras: miles austin and now jahvid best.

I'm working out a trade with fitz for andre. I think my BEST scenario is giving up Fitz and Jahvid for Andre (I might be able to do, the guy needs RBs) and I have a current offer for a late 2nd round pick for Austin.

8 man keeper, 15 man roster with QB RB RB RB/WR WR WR TE K DEF and 6x BEN. I'm beginning to think I should just make a static "this is my team and my updated thoughts" thread.


Indeed! Lots of rosters to keep track of in this scattered brain of mine ;-) O:-)

While Fitz is a great keeper, if you can get AJ for him and Best, you might as well - upgrade until you can't do it any more! A 2nd for Austin is a nice bonus as well - might as well get something for him before you lose him, and it's always a pretty easy sell when a guy wants someone and knows he can't get him back in the draft ;-)


Well, the current offer for Austin is the last 2nd round pick (16th overall). If I drop Austin to the pool, he almost has to take him since the pool has little to no good WR depth (theoretically. Team keepers not yet reported, just looking at my projected keepers). Instead, he'd like to use (trade) that 2nd round pick for him so he can get a nice RB in round 1. Seems saucy for me, two round 2 picks :D

I had actually only really recently considered trying to offer Best and Fitz. But now, lets theorize:

If I am offered AJ for Fitz and Austin, I'm pretty sure I take it and dance happily to the Shrek in the swamp karaoke dance party.

At that point, I have Best. What do? What round would I be looking for in exchange for him?
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:03 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact