Auction style draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Auction style draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction style draft

Postby bisklimpkit » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am

I've been in fantasy football for quite a few years now, but am entering my first league with an auction style draft this year. Currently there are 10 teams, but I believe they are shooting for 12-20. Budget is $200, and from what I can tell all the scoring is standard EXCEPT for passing touchdowns are 4 pts instead of 6. Starting roster is 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, and 1 K. There are 6 bench spots and 2 IR spots.

What is a good strategy for these? Does anyone have any helpful links to some good articles? Thanks!
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 140)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction style draft

Postby thedrizzle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Ideally you'll have a dollar value for each and every player but that takes such a great deal of time and most aren't willing to do it. I've found that if you look at the ESPN draft kit top 300 players and take the dollar amount they suggest for a 10 team league and multiply it by its ratio to how many teams are in your league you can get a good idea of how much each player is worth. For example, if it's a 12 team league multiply their suggested value by 1.2, if its a 14 team league by 1.4, if its a 20 team league then multiply by 2. Then find a list of solid players that you like and calculate their total value after the multiplier and try to get around 170-180 for your entire team including bench players. This will allow you to really go after the players you really like and give you some room to draft a deep team that is resistant to injury and luck (Fantasy Football is the most luck-based fantasy game). The deeper the team the better, as you will be able to maneuver more during the season and have more fun making trades and picking the right guys to start.
thedrizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions