Keeper PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper PPR

Postby allegajj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Would it be ridicukous to draft a QB in the 1st rd of the 1st year of a PPR Keeper League?
Any advice on drafting for this type of league would be helpful.
8 Team PPR League
QB: Vick
RB: Spiller
RB: Chris Johnson
Flex: Sproles
WR: Megatron
WR: Gordon
TE: Graham
D/ST: Week-to-Week
BE: Woodhead
BE: Amendola
BE: Antonio brown
BE: Luck
BE: Miller
BE: Keenan Allen
BE: Blackmon
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper PPR

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 pm

You will get arguments on ewither side of this but I would never draft a QB in the first round regardless of what type of draft it is. Take your elite RB or WR and start building a team that can last for years.

Do you know where you draft?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm

bungle613 wrote:You will get arguments on ewither side of this but I would never draft a QB in the first round regardless of what type of draft it is. Take your elite RB or WR and start building a team that can last for years.

Yup, this. No way I want Vick that early in a keeper/dynasty league, and I'll let someone else take Rodgers. Stock up on RB and WR and take your shots at the Ryans and Freemans of the world later on. Worst case you can take Romo, Schaub types if the youth is overvalued, or even platoon two Cutler types and just be jam-packed at the skill positions ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby allegajj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:04 pm

No I dont know where I draft I think until 1 hour before unfortunately. What would you suggest depending on my spot in the 1st rd?
8 Team PPR League
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby allegajj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:22 pm

My ideal draft would be to try to grab Rivers with my 3rd pick depending on how the draft pans out. Do you think that would be ok to get either 2 RBs and Rivers with my 3rd or a RB and WR then Rivers?
8 Team PPR League
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:25 pm

allegajj wrote:My ideal draft would be to try to grab Rivers with my 3rd pick depending on how the draft pans out. Do you think that would be ok to get either 2 RBs and Rivers with my 3rd or a RB and WR then Rivers?

Is there a third option that involves not taking Rivers? That would be my recommendation. In this type of league if I'm not getting Rodgers (and I'm not at that price) I am going BPA WR and RB for as many as 5 rounds before I grab a QB (maybe 4 depending on which end of the draft I'm on and how the QBs are going off the board).
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby allegajj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 pm

I agree with that and that is how I have normally drafted but this year that puts me in a position to get maybe a Romo (his injuries concern me) or maybe Ryan (who I like but am not sure why he is rated so low in most rankings
8 Team PPR League
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:13 pm

I wouldn't have a huge issue with taking Rivers but I personally wouldn't do it. I am with WaCoug that I stock my starting RB and WR postions first and foremost and possibly even backups before going after a QB. I have won a lot of leagues using this formula and my worst teams have been after the rare draft where I took a QB early.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ben jammin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

I personally would not draft a QB in the first. I am also looking at Rivers in one of my leagues. I think he is going to have a big year with Jackson back. I hope he is there in the 3rd. I would definitely get a couple of solid backs before then. Good luck with your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions