Keeper...Is Forte the Odd Man Out? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper...Is Forte the Odd Man Out? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper...Is Forte the Odd Man Out? WHIR

Postby glackk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 pm

10-team keeper league that allows up to 4 players kept from one year to the next. You lose the round that they were previously drafted in.
Start: QB, WRx3, RBx2, WR/RB flex, TE, K, DEF
Standard scoring with 0.1 PPR

I'm definitely keeping Ahmad Bradshaw (round 15) and Hakeem Nicks (round 18).

Having a hard time picking 2 out of these 3:
Greg Jennings (round 3): I've seen him as high as 4 and as low as 10 in pre-season WR rankings. He did pretty well for me in the second half of last season, but I worry about a drop in production with Jermichael Finley back. I doubt I'd be able to get him back in the third round on this year's draft.
Matt Forte (round 4): Pretty good value for a 4th round pick and a borderline top-10 RB. The addition of Marion Barber concerns me a little bit, but Chicago will have plenty of runs to go around.
Jeremy Maclin (round 5): I love this guy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he outproduced DJax by the end of the year. I think he's a top 15 WR and a steal for a 5th round pick.

I'm leaning toward keeping Nicks, Jennings, Maclin, and Bradshaw to have a solid set of starting WRs, then look to go RB-RB in the first 2 rounds of this year's draft. Thoughts?

Leave a link, WHIR! :-)

My other keeper options:
Malcolm Floyd (round 6)
Jimmy Graham (round 18)
Marshawn Lynch (round 18)
Pierre Garcon (round 18)
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper...Is Forte the Odd Man Out? WHIR

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:39 pm

I think Maclin is your odd man out without a deal taking place. I would keep Jennings and Forte over Maclin for a 5th.

What I wuld look to do is deal 2 for 1 to a weak team and see if you can get an elite RB or WR to have as a keeper.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LMack » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 pm

If you were to keep the WRs, what kind of backs would be available if you started the draft off by going RB/RB? I don't like the thought of throwing Matt Forte back in a scoring system where running backs thrive (Wide receivers don't benefit much from 1 point per 10 receptions)
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby ben jammin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 pm

That would be a good threesome at WR. I also wonder what RB's will be there for you though. Bradshaw makes an alright number two. If there is not anything better out there, then you may have to keep Forte and hope Maclin is there at your pick. There may even be a better receiver still there. Good luck with your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby glackk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:11 am

Thanks folks for the replies.

Unfortunately the league has been dragging its feet about allowing off-season trades. It's on the schedule to be included for next year, though. Ironically I was the one arguing that it shouldn't be allowed this off-season because it wasn't in the rules prior to the end of the season. :-P

Now that I think about it, I probably do need to keep both Forte and Bradshaw. We don't allow keepers from the first 2 rounds of the draft, but about 2/3 of the top 20 RBs will be kept from previous years.
Top available will probably be Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson...of which I should be able to snag one at the 7th pick.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions