Keeper League... Who to Draft First?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League... Who to Draft First?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League... Who to Draft First?!

Postby matthewsrr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm in a keeper league where we get to keep 2 players from last year and one additional player each year for a max of 4 players. I'm keeping Tom Brady (lose my 2nd round pick) and Darren McFadden (lose my 10th round pick). I get first pick of all available players and the ones that are unavailable because they're being kept on other teams are:

Peyton Manning
Hakeem Nicks
Dwayne Bowe
Adrian Peterson
Andre Johnson
Chris Johnson
Aaron Rodgers
Wes Welker
Arian Foster
Vincent Jackson
Jamaal Charles
Michael Vick
Greg Jennings

I can't decide if I should take a RB or WR for my first pick. I could get Calvin Johnson and keep him for the future, because we only get to keep one player per position for keepers. It is a 0.5 PPR league. Thanks for any advice.
matthewsrr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League... Who to Draft First?!

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Welcome to the Cafe.

I would be looking at Ray Rice or Mega but would lean heavily towards adding Rice to pair with McFadden. A good start to your season.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby matthewsrr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 pm

bungle613 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe.

I would be looking at Ray Rice or Mega but would lean heavily towards adding Rice to pair with McFadden. A good start to your season.

Yeah I was leaning toward rice with respect to this season, but would you still take him over Johnson when considering the future? Next year I'd only be able to keep Rice or McFadden if I take Rice (1 player per position rule), compared to I could keep Johnson, Brady, and McFadden if I take Calvin Johnson this year.
matthewsrr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:33 pm

matthewsrr wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe.

Yeah I was leaning toward rice with respect to this season, but would you still take him over Johnson when considering the future? Next year I'd only be able to keep Rice or McFadden if I take Rice (1 player per position rule), compared to I could keep Johnson, Brady, and McFadden if I take Calvin Johnson this year.

I probably would as I would look to deal McFadden for a WR for next year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions