"Franchise" Player Compensation Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

"Franchise" Player Compensation Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

"Franchise" Player Compensation Help

Postby deputy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 am

My league doesn't have full-fledged keepers, but it does have "Franchise" rules. Here's what it means:

Prior to the auction, each team in our can declare 3 "Franchised" players. It works just like a 'restricted free agent' would work. So, if I franchise Adrian Petersen prior to the draft, and he's won by a fellow owner for $45 at the auction - I have the final say on whether I will match his winning bid and retain him for $45 or let him go to the owner who won him for $45 at the auction. Basically, it's like having "last dibs" on the player. It's worked well for 4 years now.

The question comes up if there should be compensation if a player that someone franchises isn't retained by the team who franchised him. The most simplistic solution I've been able to come up with has been in regards to giving that owner some FAAB $ to use during the season...either a % or the actual $ that the franchised player went for during the auction.

Any recommendations on compensation??

Thanks!
deputy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: "Franchise" Player Compensation Help

Postby chargersdiehard » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 pm

The owner that looses the player that he has "Franchised" should be given some form of compensation. In a majority of the leagues I play in the compensation is either draft picks for the rookie draft or extra dollars for the acquisition bidding process. But in the end, that owner should receive some level of compensation.
chargersdiehard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner