1st pick, and keeper questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

1st pick, and keeper questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st pick, and keeper questions

Postby Franco02 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm

OK, we did our drawing for draft position and this guy got the first overall pick.
The scenario: keeper league up to 3 players a year, 12 teams, non PPR: passing TD worth 4, WR/RB TD 6 all the rest standard scoring
My Keepers:

J.Charles (RB) giving up rd 12, sims-walker (WR) (round 17), M. lewis (TE) (round 20)

Moving on: I find myself wondering... should I go after A.P., first instinct is YES no question, I think foster will bust and C.J. plays for the titans.. BUUUUT should I go after a QB? at first I say its to early and I will be able to get a Rivers or Romo when it comes back around.. but I still would like to hear any ideas...

My thought is Take A.P. teamed up with J.C., when it comes back around grab rivers or romo then best avail. WR so by the third round I have my 2starting RB's, QB, and a 1 and 3 WR along with a starting TE... all mock drafts I have done Rivers is still around by the time it snakes back.

Other key keepers projected to go in rounds 1-2 that are taken by others:
Vick, mcCoy, and Hillis

Also, I have the option to keep Fitzpatrick (QB) rather than M. lewis (TE) giving up the same round 20 pick... I think he is sleeper material this year, any thoughts?
Franco02
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st pick, and keeper questions

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Yes, take PEterson with the 1st pick. As for keepers, Charles is the easy choice but post all your options for us to have a look at. Lewis has been a monumental flop until last year, you may have better options as a keeper.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: 1st pick, and keeper questions

Postby Franco02 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm

bungle613 wrote:Yes, take PEterson with the 1st pick. As for keepers, Charles is the easy choice but post all your options for us to have a look at. Lewis has been a monumental flop until last year, you may have better options as a keeper.

Only other options would be colt McCoy for rd 20 and r. Fitzpatrick same round. All three were ww pickups and we can only keep one freebee a season.

But other options at WR would be r.meachem but I would have to give up a fourth rounder.. Not a fan of that. Or roy Williams for a 12th rounder. Right now I am choosing sims-walker cuz I only have to give up a 14th rounder (typo from above) and in most mocks I do with 12 teams he's going anywhere from rounds 9-11.. I see value, but I have not been having luck in my drafts the last two years so that's why I'm here lol.
Franco02
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions