Need Help quick guys!! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Help quick guys!! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Help quick guys!! WHIR

Postby pony13ca » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 pm

In a 12 team PPR league. We keep 2 players, and I have the 6th pick. I have to choose between keeping Foster, Vick Mendenhall and Gore. I'm pretty sure on Foster. But do I keep Vick, as most of the top QB's in the league are being kept. Or do I keep 2 good backs, draft a WR 6th and grab a Romo or a Ryan as my QB in round 4.
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Help quick guys!! WHIR

Postby djadrock » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Keep Foster and Mendenhall. I am not sold on VIck this year. He will fall back to the pack. If you watched the last few games and the playoffs last year you will see that defenses started to figure him out.

I would look into Romo, Ryan, Freeman, Bradford, or even Stafford later.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Another vote for Foster and Mendy. Vick should have a great year... doubtful he will hit 29.7 PPG again though.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StrictlyFantasy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

djadrock wrote:Keep Foster and Mendenhall. I am not sold on VIck this year. He will fall back to the pack. If you watched the last few games and the playoffs last year you will see that defenses started to figure him out.

I would look into Romo, Ryan, Freeman, Bradford, or even Stafford later.

I too am not sold on Vick because of his style of play. If high risk/high reward is what you are looking for than go for Vick. I would side with dj on this one though. Foster and Mendenhall.

Help me Please!
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=491366
StrictlyFantasy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thedrizzle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Keep Vick and Foster.
I had a team I thought was unbeatable last year and ran into Vick in playoffs...GG
He will carry you.
The fact that he was the player that the highest % of championship teams last year had in ESPN leagues is a very significant statistic.
thedrizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeah, I vote Vick and Foster. Would you have a shoot at Mendy in the draft? Who would you anticipate being there. That would help the decision. I mean, if you can keep Mendy and Foster and get Peyton, then I'd keep those two.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby pony13ca » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Chaindog, in the end your question is what made my mind up for me. Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, all being kept, and the guy with the number 1 pick is a huge Rivers Fan. So I kept Foster and Vick, and with the #6 pick will end up with one of Mendy, Gore, DMC , MJD, Andre Johnson, Hillis or Bradshaw. I think it was worth the risk of keeping Vick if I get one of these guys behind him and Foster.
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tjhart27 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 am

pony13ca wrote:Chaindog, in the end your question is what made my mind up for me. Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, all being kept, and the guy with the number 1 pick is a huge Rivers Fan. So I kept Foster and Vick, and with the #6 pick will end up with one of Mendy, Gore, DMC , MJD, Andre Johnson, Hillis or Bradshaw. I think it was worth the risk of keeping Vick if I get one of these guys behind him and Foster.

Good call. You adjusted to what other teams were doing. I was either way on keeping Vick but if other teams are creating a shortage at that position then the scales tip favorably towards keeping Vick. You already know this but drafting a solid backup for Vick is probably required.
tjhart27
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby pony13ca » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks Gents. Yes TJ I will make sure I get a good backup for Vick. I think in the end I made the right move. I ended up getting Gore back. I don't think you can do much better than Gore for a number 2 back.
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions