Looking for help for live draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Looking for help for live draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for help for live draft

Postby RonBurgandy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 pm

I am doing a live draft this year....I want to obviously bring a lot of info/stats with me, but I dont want to be bothered to print out 50 sheets of paper....other than simple magazines are there any sort of kits you can buy anywhere on line to help you during your live draft?
RonBurgandy
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for help for live draft

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 am

I'm old fashioned, I like a hard copy right in front of me so I can't mark off who has been drafted, write whoever drafted them, jot a few notes, and doodle a little when someone takes a while. I usually do a lot of research between the rankings here, yahoo, and espn and come up with my own ranking...but thats just me. My best advice for someone who is looking for a quick way out would be to hit up ESPN's draft kit. Its a nice option for those who want to be informed, but not spend a whole weekend to be THAT informed.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Looking for help for live draft

Postby P1Army » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 am

2 things are crucial and may be more important than a rankings list. A team by team depth chart and a grid to write in the other teams picks. You are going to want to keep track of which positions are filled in everyone else’s team. If you are in the hunt for a QB in the middle rounds and see that the next 6 teams after you pick already have a QB you might be able to wait another round. If most of those teams are empty at QB then you know you’ll have to reach a bit to get who you want because one good run on QBs could leave the position barren. An updated depth chart will give you a little more insight later in the draft when you are sifting through 2nd and 3rd wider receivers and 3rd down backs it’ll show which players have a clearer path to starting.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum