Fitzgerald for Marshall/Green-Ellis??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fitzgerald for Marshall/Green-Ellis???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fitzgerald for Marshall/Green-Ellis???

Postby mchapple78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 am

Not sure if i'm giving up too much here so i need some help...
12 team league, non PPR.
I think i've got a very solid team but adding Fitz, i feel, would be a very solid move. However, this feels like just a bit much to give for him. Any thoughts on what i should offer??? WHIR!

QB - Romo
RB - Charles
WR - Cal. Johnson
WR - Ochocinco
WR - Marshall
WR/RB - Bradshaw
TE - Winslow
K - Who Cares
D - New England
Bench - Cassel, Green Ellis, Jacobs, Stewart, Torrain, Sims Walker, Mike WIlliams(Sea) Detroit
mchapple78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fitzgerald for Marshall/Green-Ellis???

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 am

You're a little bit thin at RB, so I can see why you might be nervous, and while you might be giving away more total output in those two guys I think the upgrade is worth it. As much as I want to see Marshall take a step forward from last year and be a top-10 guy, I just don't know if he can do it with the players around him in Miami this season - combine that with the volatility in NE and the fact the Law Firm could easily take a couple of steps back or almost completely disappear on a moment's whim and I think it's worth the "gamble" of dealing these two guys and consolidating your risk into a top-5 guy in Fitz. I think that with even a semi-compotent season from Kolb that Fitz can get right around 1,200 and 10, and I'll take that over what Marshall gives, especially in your format with only one mandatory RB starter. Charles, Bradshaw, Calvin, Fitz and Ocho is a nice crop of position guys, and your other positions aren't too shabby either in a 12-teamer, so take the upgrade, cull the wires for depth and enjoy ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby glackk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:28 am

Brandon Marshall is a physical beast of a WR, BUT he is in Miami and he hasn't seen nearly the same production since he moved out there. Fitz is a great buy low candidate after being frustrated all of last year. He finally has a decent QB to throw to him (as well as a restarted run game to keep defenses honest) and should bounce back nicely into the top 10 or top 5.

I say take the leap and accept the trade.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am

any time you can get an elite player by packaging a lesser player and a bench player, you do it. I love the trade. There's plenty of time to scavenge the free agent wire for RB depth. Fitz will be back to top 2-3 WR form with a decent QB, and Marshall will continue to tank without one. I look for Ridley to make some noise in the NE RB committee as well.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:24 am

I think its definitely worth it. Fitz is a gamble this year but a big Kevin Kolb stuck up his butt, he should run like the wind.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mchapple78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for the help.

Maybe i'm nuts but i think Ocho will have a big year with Brady throwing him the ball. If the guy prefers Ocho(which is probably a big If) should i counter with Ocho/Green-Ellis for Fitz or just stick with the original Marshall/Green-Ellis deal?
mchapple78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am

Ummm if there is one thing I can't stand, it's making trades because of the future, because you never know which way it will go. In a vacuum Marshall > Ochocinco, all day and twice on sundays, but Marshall/Henne < Ocho/Brady. I a more than hesitant to say that because I actually said Henne would have a good year last year because of Marshall. If Ocho can find his way into Brady's heart, who knows what will happen. As much as I hate to rank such a physical beast such as Marshall so low, he was tied for 3rd last year in dropped passes and averaged 2.8 yards-after-the-catch. Whether you want to blame Henne for not being able to throw him the ball enough...those 2 stats are on him
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Those About To Rock » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 am

I'm a die-hard Dolphins fan. That's right, I love getting my heart broken every season.

That said, I do note foresee Henne magically providing big numbers for Marshall. Miami has a lot of things going WELL for them, but without a good QB, the entire offense is going to suffer. I've watched him a lot, and he is a huge fan of simply missing WRs with passes.

I would take Fitz for Marshall/LawFirm without thinking twice.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby glackk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 pm

mchapple78 wrote:Thanks for the help.

Maybe i'm nuts but i think Ocho will have a big year with Brady throwing him the ball. If the guy prefers Ocho(which is probably a big If) should i counter with Ocho/Green-Ellis for Fitz or just stick with the original Marshall/Green-Ellis deal?

Seems like you know which of the two you prefer. If the offer you received is for Marshall, the other guy probably prefers Marshall to Ocho, which works out for both of you. Myself, I'd prefer Marshall slightly, but I can see the argument that Ocho will have a better season (maybe even Randy Moss-like???). It's a good deal either way.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby petedog9 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

I always love to do the two for 1 trades when I am the guy getting the 1 stud for two lesser guys. Now you have freed up a spot to grab that that guy on the WW you have been eye-balling..

I take Fitz and run.... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions