$$$ keeper league, who to keep? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

$$$ keeper league, who to keep? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

$$$ keeper league, who to keep? WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 am

NON-PPR 10 team head to head league. Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D. Bonuses for big plays and reaching yardage milestones (300 passing, 100 rushing/receiving). I got lucky and hot at the end of the year and won the league, so I am in the 10th draft slot.

We MUST keep 5, and can keep up to 9. Additional keepers over the minimum 5 cost the owner a draft pick... i.e. if an owner wants to keep 7, he will have to give up his first and second draft picks. My best guess at this point is that 2 other owners will only keep the minimum, 2 will keep the max, and everyone else is in between.

Who should I keep... and just as importantly, how many?

Options:
QB: Schaub, Ryan
RB: AP, Grant, Beanie
WR: Austin, Colston, S. Moss
TE: V. Davis

AP, Austin, and Colston are being kept for sure. I am leaning towards keeping the minimum 5; if my projections hold true, it will allow me picks 3 and 4 of the combined rookie/FA draft.

leave a link and I will help you in return. Thanks. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: $$$ keeper league, who to keep? WHIR

Postby bungle613 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

SChaub may be better this year but I will take the risk on Ryan.

Ryan
Peterson
Grant
Austin
Colston

those are the first 5. Now, you draft 10th so have no shot at the rookies. Schaub, Davis and Grant are all going in the 6th and Beanie in the 8th. I would only keep 5 and hope that someone better falls to you for 5.10 and 6.01.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 pm

bungle613 wrote:SChaub may be better this year but I will take the risk on Ryan.

Ryan
Peterson
Grant
Austin
Colston

those are the first 5. Now, you draft 10th so have no shot at the rookies. Schaub, Davis and Grant are all going in the 6th and Beanie in the 8th. I would only keep 5 and hope that someone better falls to you for 5.10 and 6.01.

Agreed with everything but I think I'd swap the QBs and stick with Schaub. Gut call and it's really close after this year, but I'm a fan of winning now and it's likely to be pretty close to a wash in the foreseeable future as well ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby glackk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
bungle613 wrote:SChaub may be better this year but I will take the risk on Ryan.

Ryan
Peterson
Grant
Austin
Colston

Agreed with everything but I think I'd swap the QBs and stick with Schaub. Gut call and it's really close after this year, but I'm a fan of winning now and it's likely to be pretty close to a wash in the foreseeable future as well ...

Agree. I think Schaub has a higher ceiling this year, surprising as it may sound. Better weapons to throw to as long as he can stay on his feet.

Keeper...Is Forte the Odd Man Out?
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Well I guess you have to figure if you keep Schaub or Ryan, a toss up, AP, Grant, Colston and Austin would you be able to get a te as good as Davis with your draft pick? I would most likely keep 6 or 7, it all depends on the draft format. Is it a snake format or is it a NFL style where you go 1-10 and then start back at 1 again? If it is snake format and you would have the 1st pick in the second round that would be the only way I may only keep 6, if not I'd keep 7. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 am

I ended up keeping just 5:
AP
Grant
Austin
Colston
Davis

3 other teams also are only keeping 5, meaning that I have the 4th and 5th overall picks in the combined rookie/FA draft. Best available vets are Bradshaw, Lloyd, Stevie Johnson, Matt Schaub. I can virtually guarantee that Ingram will be #1 overall and Julio Jones will be #2. 3rd guy desperately needs RB so he will likely select Thomas or Bradshaw. I will probably take AJ Green and best available RB and wait until the 17/18 overall to grab my QB, since there were 7 teams that kept QB --- I think I have to wait.

Thanks all for your help.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions