I didn't want to have to ask.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I didn't want to have to ask..

Moderator: Football Moderators

I didn't want to have to ask..

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 pm

But who do I take with the first overall pick this year? I usually hate asking this question because I like to go with my own opinion but I can't make up my mind. Obviously my main 2 options are:
1. Peterson
2. Foster
But as I go back and fourth I can't seem to make up my mind. Foster had a beast year and is in a great situation with a better schedule. But AP is consistent as a sunrise and with Musgrave coming in I expect them to run...a lot. Obviously Foster has Schaub and AJ to keep defenses honest but Mcnabb is going to do well too. I'm torn and I need some insight.
Thanks guys
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I didn't want to have to ask..

Postby petedog9 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Yor signature says it all.. I have ADP #1 in all formats...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DCFan17 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm

You take All Day, all day. I'm hesitant with Arian Foster. He may come out and be a solid back, but after one season of production, he's not worth the first overall pick, in my eyes.

AD was even more cemented once they added McNabb, before he was still a solid selection with a ? at QB, but that's all fixed now.
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:05 pm

I am biased a bit, I have AP in a dynasty format, but here is my argument for him. AP is the main man in Minny, he has a ok back up, but they don't have a potent passing game, so they will need him to run early and often. He has done it each and every year since he was drafted. Foster was a undrafted rb who has done it for one year. They now have Foster, Tate, Slaton and Ward in there backfield. He also lost his lead blocker in Leach, which they have resigned another fb, but it won't be the same. So if he can do it again this year, great, but I want to see him do it for a two years before I'm taking him ahead of AP. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby P1Army » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:06 pm

It is a tough call. If foster has an edge it' his pass catching skills. I went back and watched highlights from last year and it looked like leach was sealing quite a few edges for foster. Peterson was just amazing though. In a play against Miami he was almost tripped up in the backfield, planted a hand, got back upright then had to go east and west to get free and picked up another 7 or so yards. Last year was not even petersons best. I think McNabb will breath some life back into a passing game that was dismal at best last year. Foster has me worried, he played through injury last year but we're seeing a hamstring flare up now and although i don't think the loss of his blocking full back will affect him that much it's something that has to be taken into consideration.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ben jammin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:29 pm

I as well must go with Peterson. I do like foster though. He was a lot of fun to watch last year. I do hear Tate is looking good this pre-season. With that and the hamstring I am leary of drafting him ahead of Peterson. Good luck with your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:02 pm

That seems to be the way I am leaning, but I always have that slight hesitation. Anyone else? Thanks peeps
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shark1225 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:18 pm

I look for Foster to do fairly well but not near the year he had last year.

Peterson and don't look back.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby jbbiggdogg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Take Peterson. We do not know how Foster will bounce back after all the carries he had last year and there is certainly more offensive options in Houston than in Minnesota. Plus the addition of McNabb in Minnesota gives defenses playing against the Vikes something else to worry about, kinda like AP's first 2 seasons. D's were stacking the box against AP last season, they won't be able to do that this year as much.
jbbiggdogg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby redbirded » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for the help with the Foster or Charles question.
As for Foster and AP, you gotta go with AP. He's proven he's the man on a consistent basis for several years now. I hope for my sake as I'm going to stick with Foster over Charles, Foster wasn't a one year wonder but you never know. Gotta lean on proven consistency for sure here.
redbirded
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions