How to improve RB's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How to improve RB's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to improve RB's?

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 am

I went WR heavy to start off and had to take sleepers for RB's so who should I target as far as RB's go? I'd also like to try and get Schaub, how much farther down do you rank Flacco compared to Schaub?

QB-Flacco, Fitz
WR-Andre,Hakeem,Mike Wallace,Brandon Marshall,Torrey Smith,Riley Cooper
RB-Lynch,Best,Daniel Thomas,Pierre Thomas,McGahee
TE-Jared Cook
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How to improve RB's?

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

To get a better RB and to upgrade to Schaub, you will have to tear your WR core a part. Theres really no point to do that because you made the decision to go WR heavy in the draft, so you will have to stick with it. I could see a Nicks/flacco trade for a RB/Schaub trade, its just all about what you want to spend to get who they will let go of.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wags » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 am

First off, for your QB, I think it depends on what size league you're in. If you're in a 12 or 14 team, I think I'd be ok with Flacco. He's has great upside, especially with the addition of Lee Evans to that Ravens offense.

I agree with B3N1ZJAMIN, if you were planning on drafting WR heavy, I'm not sure why you would want to change things up now that the draft is over. Best, Lynch and Thomas aren't bad RBs, they're just not studs. If it were me, and I wanted to really add some strength, I think I'd put Andre Johnson on the trading block. I think someone with a weak WR corps would be willing to ship off a stud RB, or 2 more descent ones for AJ. That would still leave you with Wallace, Marshall & Nicks which I still would be very happy with. Just in playing around with some trade options, you could might get a McCoy, Gore, Mendy, MJD, etc.

I just think you would get the strength at RB that you want by trading off Nicks or Wallace. If you traded one, this is going to give you another RB comparable to Best, which I don't think you want.

Best of luck!
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby ledhead155 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:25 am

I think the best bet would be letting Andre go. You have enough depth. Lynch has the oppurtunity to be a beast this year. He finished the year strong.
ledhead155
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latraffic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 am

I can see why you want Schaub. I sense he is about to have a monster year. This is the season for the Texans... so many weapons! But how to get him? Normally I'd have you analyze what your opponent (the guy who has Schaub) needs most and play to it. However, you can't steal from your RB core as it is mediocre as it is (by design, I understand that). That leaves you with a Flacco/WR package for trade bait. You definately don't want to trade away Andre as with Schaub you'll have a perfect weapon in the QB/WR connection. That leaves you Wallace or Nicks, either might work. Best of luck! ;-D
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Since you're shooting for Schaub, excuse the alliteration, I definitely wouldn't trade AJ away. I'm a big QB/WR connection guy so that would be the last thing on my mind. It will make it harder to get Schaub, but if you're going to try, try and do it so it works out best for you. I think you should get some good bites on NIcks, he's a young talent with a QB just itching to breakout...I could see it working well for you. Good luck
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Roster Ratings