Help with my Keepers this season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help with my Keepers this season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with my Keepers this season!

Postby SoCalCanuck » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47 am

So my buddies and I have been doing our 3 person keeper league for 12 seasons now. Its pretty intense with a trophy we update every year with our name on a plaque and it costs us 50 bucks a year just to play. I have been falling short the past few seasons ending up in the bottom 2-3. This year I decided to make some offseason trades and give away a few of my mid round draft picks for guys that were an upgrade for my potential keepers. Here my guys im debating on keeping...

Vick
Hillis
Gore
V. Jackson

I traded in the offseason for Hillis and Vjax, ended up giving away my 4 and 5th round pick and now have 3 picks total in the 7th round to compensate (11 round draft). Which of these guys do you keep? I'm leaning towards Vick and Hillis for sure (I have a really good feeling about Hillis again this year). I'm stuck on Gore and V. Jackson though. I know Jackson will play his heart out and is looking for that big contract still, while Gore has been so-so the past few seasons not really playing to his potential.

thoughts??
SoCalCanuck
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with my Keepers this season!

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Vick, Gore, Vjax. I would leave Hillis for anyone else who wants him, unless you can draft him. I'm highly doubting Hillis has a great year again. He hit a very large wall near the season because he became tired and more importantly defenses started paying attention to him. If you have a gut feeling about him go for it, I would understand that completely, but for me, I'll stick with the guys that have proven themselves.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:Vick, Gore, Vjax. I would leave Hillis for anyone else who wants him, unless you can draft him. I'm highly doubting Hillis has a great year again. He hit a very large wall near the season because he became tired and more importantly defenses started paying attention to him. If you have a gut feeling about him go for it, I would understand that completely, but for me, I'll stick with the guys that have proven themselves.

Agreed, pretty much across the board ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbbiggdogg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm

MADDEN CURSE!!

That's all you need to remember.
jbbiggdogg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:49 am

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:Vick, Gore, Vjax. I would leave Hillis for anyone else who wants him, unless you can draft him. I'm highly doubting Hillis has a great year again. He hit a very large wall near the season because he became tired and more importantly defenses started paying attention to him. If you have a gut feeling about him go for it, I would understand that completely, but for me, I'll stick with the guys that have proven themselves.

B3 has it right. Hillis is a guy you love to watch play football as he seems to love playing the game, but he is just a good RB. Nothing special and it is just effort that got him where he is. I expect him to finish out of the top 20 for RB's this year.

Keepp Vick, Gore and VJax although in a keeper league where you need a bit of help, shop Vick. HE is a 30 y/o QB that relies on his legs for over 30% of his points. If you can get an elite, young RB for him, I cut the deal in a heart beat.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions