How's My Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How's My Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

How's My Team

Postby alcurtsinger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 am

This is my first time playing in a fantasy football league. I am in a league of 10 teams. My roster is:

QB: Tom Brady, Sam Bradford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Marshawn Lynch
WR: Mike Williams(TB), Brandon Marshall, Mario Manningham, Sidney Rice, Johnny Knox, Danny Amendola
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Chris Cooley
K: Garrett Hartley
Def: New England

Thanks for any advice.
alcurtsinger
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How's My Team

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 am

Drop a TE and pick up some more RB depth, you could use it. The only main problem I really see is that your WR's are a bunch of "could be's" and no one is a legitimate WR1. Williams, Marshall, Manningham and Rice are actually all good receivers, but the problem is they aren't clear cut WR1 material this year. I think williams is your best bet because I really like freeman this year, but marshall is in a terrible situation, manningham is incosistent and who knows what Rice will do in Seattle. If Marshall and Rice play to their potential, your season is golden, but I wouldn't bet my fantasy season on hopeful wishes. Maybe think about trying to make a trade, but be careful to not give up someone who causes a problem in another area.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby alcurtsinger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 pm

I just dropped Cooley to pick up Felix Jones as my 4th RB, sounds like he might have a big year now that he is the feature running back for the cowboys. I'm actually fairly confident with my WR's. Manningham should have a giant year now that Steve Smith is gone.
alcurtsinger
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:47 pm

alcurtsinger wrote:I just dropped Cooley to pick up Felix Jones as my 4th RB, sounds like he might have a big year now that he is the feature running back for the cowboys. I'm actually fairly confident with my WR's. Manningham should have a giant year now that Steve Smith is gone.

very well might happen, they all have the talent to do very well
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyImpactDude » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:19 am

First off, are you saying Felix Jones wasn't drafted in your league? I would think he is a Round 6 or 7 value...

Anyway, to your team. I am not a fan of having a backup QB, TE, D/ST, or K. You had a backup TE (Great job picking up Felix Jones is he wasn't drafted), but now you have a good backup QB. You still lack great RB depth, I would pick up another in a trade for Bradford. There's two ways I would do this.

You can wait it out, and see if he does well. When he's going above expected, you can trade for better guys than you could originally. However, if he doesn't perform, then you are in deep trouble. You are holding onto a QB no one wants, and you'll end up dropping him.

The idea I like better is trading him away already. You could get guys like Ryan Williams, Mike Tolbert (great value here, lots of redzone touches), James Starks, and Ryan Torian. This is the option I like the most. I would recomend trying to trade for Tolbert, he could really get you a consistant 8 point games, (1 TD, 20 YDS), and even get a big 16 point game (2 TD, 40 YDS). The Chargers give him his redzone touches.

Great job drafting!
Draft September 2nd! Last Year 2nd Place 9-4-1 in regular season
FantasyImpactDude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings