Auction Draft Advice - Suggestions welcome - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Auction Draft Advice - Suggestions welcome

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Draft Advice - Suggestions welcome

Postby Despondence » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello,

A little background on our league and our scoring system. We use Auction drafting. Owners are given $200 to spend on salaries. 4 players per year to keep. Only drafted players can be kept. Each player gets contract. If you drafted him, that's the first year of the contract, the second year if you keep them their salary increases by 20% and if you keep them for a third year it goes up another 25%. You can only keep for 3 years max.

4pts for passing TD's
6pts for rushing/receiving TD's

Bonuses 2 pt bonus for every 100 yards passing (starts at 300 yards)
2 pt bonus bonus for 100 rushing/receiving yards and another 2 pts per every 50 yards after that.
2 pt bonus per 5 receptions
WR's get .5pt bonus per reception
RB's get .25 per reception
TE's get .75 per reception

Now for my dilema.

My current thought is to keep the following:

Peyton Manning - $35
Dallas Clark - $31
Shonn Greene - $15
Hakeem Nicks - $9

Leaving me with 110 to draft with, I'm targeting Ray Rice to blow a good majority on. CJ and Arian Foster are being kept by other teams. If I can acquire Ray Rice I can have true #1's at every position, fill in with some quality tier 2 players, some sleepers with good upside and I'm feeling pretty good. My concern. Manning. Is he worth that much? I could always throw him back in and see if I get him cheaper. I also drafted and kept Sam Bradford all year I could keep him for $2. He had a decent rookie year and they got Sims-Walker. He was only 70 pts behind Manning in our scoring system last year.

A little baseline, every year people over spend on studs. AP went for $80, Turner for $75, MJD $79, Andre Johnson $62, Reggie Wayne $52.

Am I keeping these guys for too much? We can keep up to 4 but we don't have to keep anyone if we don't want. Toss Manning back and see if I get him cheaper? Just keep Bradford and use the extra $ to get a stud RB and a good WR to compliment Nicks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Despondence
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Draft Advice - Suggestions welcome

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 am

Simple question to start... waht are your other options as keepers. Clark seems massively expensive for a $200 cap league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Despondence » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:41 am

Sure

Davone Bess 2
DST Saints 2
Sam Bradford 2
Willis McGahee 2
DST Ravens 4
Ronnie Brown 25
Peyton Manning 35
Steve Smith 38
Steven Jackson 61
Hakeem Nicks 9
Robert Meachem 13
Shonn Greene 15
Dallas Clark 31

This is every keeper available and their value to keep them at
Despondence
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:53 am

I would keep Bradford, Manning, Greene and Nicks.

I would do as you are thinking and go after the top RB hard as well as a WR2. TE and WR3 I would look to get on the cheap with sneaky bids on guys like Winslow, Gronkowski or Celek. For the WR3, see waht the rookies Green and JOnes will cost you as well as guuys like Ford, Amendola, Thomas or Santana Moss.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions