?...Let The Preperation Begin...? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

?...Let The Preperation Begin...?

Moderator: Football Moderators

?...Let The Preperation Begin...?

Postby etl1692 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 pm

2 part question here. I am getting ready for the start of the season and have had many thoughts on how to approach this years 2011 draft.
League: 12 teams points head to head

1.) I am allowed to keep one player from last year. My Options are Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Antonio Gates, and DeAngelo Williams. People are saying D Williams but I feel he wasn't all that great last year and Brady may be money with his team. PLus Rankings Brady is ranked 5 out of QB's and D Williams ranked 16! Can someone explain???

2.) Now lets say I keep D Williams. How should my drafting positions normally go? Obviously its going to be different with who is available and what not, but should I try n stack RB's? Lets say I already have D williams should I go....
1st round: RB
2nd round: WR
3rd round: WR
4th round: QB
5th round: TE or QB??

Just Looking for some guidence. Thanks Guys! Leave a linK and I will Respond!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ?...Let The Preperation Begin...?

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:59 am

Keep Brady. I hate keeping a QB but he is a stud and DWill, although he got paid, still has to compete with The Daily Show for touches.

I dont' draft based on position. I draft best available player. This year I have the 9th pick in a 2 player keeper league so the best available for me will probably be a WR. The earlier you pick the better RB you get. The later you pick in a keeper league, the better a WR you get. One year I went RB, RB, RB due to value. The other year I went WR, WR and still did pretty well in the league. Remember RBs are a dime a dozen. Legarrette Blounte, who you could probably get with your second pick is the same as Williams but not the same at Roddy White, Megatron, or A. Johnson.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikemar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:12 am

I'd prob go DWilliams, you could prob get Brady back in round 3 if you wanted, but not DW
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 33)

Postby etl1692 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Okay so I have one person saying Brady and the other saying DeAngelo Williams. Anyone have any other input?
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby murphysxm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:48 pm

I really see no reason to keep DWill. I hate keeping QB's and I hate your choices, but it has to be Brady.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions