Rate my team please 2nd pick 12 team lg WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team please 2nd pick 12 team lg WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team please 2nd pick 12 team lg WHIR!

Postby babiiverson » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 am

Yahoo standard settings, Passing TD=4, non-ppr, Standard positions except that there is a flex wr/te position so you can potentially start 4 receivers, let me know if you want to know anything else edit:also league has no waivers, first come first serve

1. (2) Adrian Peterson
2. (23) Vincent Jackson
3. (26) LeGarrette Blount
4. (47) Ahmad Bradshaw
5. (50) Chad Ochocinco
6. (71) Owen Daniels
7. (74) Mike Sims-Walker
8. (95) Sam Bradford
9. (98) Beanie Wells
10. (119) Deion Branch
11. (122) Lance Moore
12. (143) Danario Alexander
13. (146) Devin Hester
14. (167) David Buehler
15. (170) Atlanta
16. (191) Torrey Smith

Bradford
AP,Blount,Bradshaw,Wells
VJax,Ocho,MSW,Branch,Moore,Alexander,Hester,T.Smith
Daniels
Buehler
Atlanta DEF

I love my team right now, my only regrets are taking Ochocinco instead of Witten (which could pan out since I have Daniels and I love NE's offense this year) and im iffy about taking Wells over Tolbert. I think Tolbert will have a big year with Mathews sh!tting the bed this offseason but I figured I'd go with a different team. Lance Moore vs Meachem was also a doubt I had, but I was hoping to get both of them which I couldn't do, I took Moore because his adp was higher but I really like Meachem this year with Colston's injury(but im sure all of NO's receivers will get love)

Also, I got Bradshaw for a HUGE steal.
Last edited by babiiverson on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team please 2nd pick 12 team lg WHIR!

Postby Xtreme » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:43 am

Hmmmm. I obviously like the AP pick, but I think VJax may be a bit early. Also, if it's standard positions, that typically means that starting 2RBs (possibly a 3rd in flex, but that's not mentioned). Assuming so, why take 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds? One will always be sitting the bench. I like the WRs, and I'd find a backup for Bradford.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby babiiverson » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:45 am

I wasn't going to let Bradshaw slip by, and WR depth is much easier to come by than RB depth. If Blount doesn't pan out this season, I know I have another solid RB2.

Flex is WR/T

My reasoning for the VJax pick is that it was either him or Miles Austin, Austin has a tougher schedule, I was considering Dez and Witten also if they came to me for the right price. VJax also has a lot of offensive weapons, but he's the red zone target and will get a lot of balls thrown to him.
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby howhao » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:55 am

not loving the vjax pick or the blount pick, but the bradshaw pick was a steal so kind of made up for the two. also i wouldn't have picked daniels, would have gone with kellen winslow 3 rounds later and pick a qb at that spot instead of sam bradford, who would be a very weak starting qb.

I like chad as a WR2 but Vjax isn't a great WR1.

overall, your RBs A, WRs B, QB C...just my opinion.
howhao
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

Postby babiiverson » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 am

howhao wrote:not loving the vjax pick or the blount pick, but the bradshaw pick was a steal so kind of made up for the two. also i wouldn't have picked daniels, would have gone with kellen winslow 3 rounds later and pick a qb at that spot instead of sam bradford, who would be a very weak starting qb.

I like chad as a WR2 but Vjax isn't a great WR1.

overall, your RBs A, WRs B, QB C...just my opinion.

I appreciate it man, I was pondering Winslow but the hype train of Daniels got to me and I really want a TE I can rely on(which is why I regretted not getting Witten)

I was targeting Brady with my 2nd pick, but he got taken so i focused on other talent. I think Josh McDaniels can do special things with Bradford and an improved receiving core albeit a tough schedule. I probably won't get another QB unless Bradford seriously underperforms, then I might throw offers around with Bradshaw
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby l1sten » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 am

I agree with the previous responder. Not totally wild about your WR's b/c I have a few penciled in "?"s next to both of them, but I'm definitely still on the side that thinks Vjax will have a good season, I just don't know if he's 23rd pick good.

The RB's though; I'm up on all three, and I think they will absolutely lay an awesome foundation week in and week out. Obviously AP will be a model of consistency and I believe Blount will end up being the same way. Bshaw is a nice candidate for some big weeks.

Bradford could be awesome! We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and I wouldn't sweat missing out on witten. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Owen Daniels ends up having a better year. IMO, Witten is overrated.

Good luck! ;-D
l1sten
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Those About To Rock » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 am

I would have loved to see who was available at 23/26 -- I'm not sure you'll be terribly sad to have VJax, I'm sure he'll do fine, but I think you probably lost value that existed somewhere.

I like the QB -- I think he's going to be better than people realize.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

I'll be the one to go against the grain and say I don't think the vjax pick was reaching. The guy is a physical beast on a team with an arsenal of names so you can't just cover him. The good news is gates is shady and who do you think will get the ball between him and Floyd? Him. I'm expecting a huge year from vjax so this pick is right where it should be, next year he will be drafted a lot sooner. I will say however you bit on blount too early. I've never been a big fan and I guess I just don't see what everyone else does, but either way I doubt he will be good enough to be drafted that high. But thats ok because your team is fairly solid and even if he doesn't pan out, bradshaw always could.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby latraffic » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:38 pm

12 team league and Bradshaw falls to the 4th? Wow. Great for you. Normally I'd have said got AP, Bradshaw, Jackson but it seems to have worked out for you in the end.

Just curious but was there some mad run on WRs in the 2nd round? Just asked because Blount so late for you to get in the 3rd also suprises me.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby babiiverson » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:15 pm

I appreciate all the responses and will help with anyone if you leave a link.

In my mock drafts, I had Bradshaw as an RB2 and he was going as early as late 2nd, 3rd, early 4th so I pounced on him as trade bait/insurance if Blount underperforms or maybe even *knocks on wood* AP has a bad year with the o-line being so bad. Also, through my mocks I realized RB depth is terrible this year and you could get a lot of WRs for good value late which is what I did.

2nd round was dominated by elite QB/WR picks, Gore and MJD were picked, and Greene after my Vjax selection. Nicks was selected right before me, otherwise he would've been my guy.

Reggie Wayne, Mike Wallace, Jennings, and Austin were all available for my 2nd-3rd pick. Tough choice in retrospect but for WR1 I was looking for consistency which is why I passed on Wallace and Jennings, Wallace is more of a deep threat boom-bust, and GB spreads the ball everywhere and with Finley back, Jennings might get some neglect in certain games. Austin has a tough schedule, but he was a close call and if Dez dropped to me for the right price, he would've been mine. Wayne I think he could have a comeback year, but it just doesn't seem likely. In the endgame, I might regret not grabbing Jennings but I think Vjax is good for 1100 yds and at least 7-8 TDs. He's a deep threat and a great redzone receiver so I like my chances.

If all goes well, I can trade Bradshaw in a package for a WR1 or close to one.

I plan to drop Torrey Smith with the addition of Evans, so I might be looking to add a backup TE since I don't have much trust in Daniels. Celek and Gresham are out there, and there are literally no WRs left, pondering a handcuff on Moss since whoever I fill the spot with won't necessarily be much of a contributor. I should also add my league has no waivers, first come first serve.
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings