Pre-season Game 1: Lions - Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Pre-season Game 1: Lions - Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pre-season Game 1: Lions - Bengals

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 am

Here it is....Lions football is back!!!

What do you want to see? What won't you see?

I will not be at the game - one of the guys I go with is using the tickets tonight - I will be watching the tape delay tonight/tomorrow.

The top 3 draft picks will all be out :-t

- I want to see some Stafford to Calvin
- I want to see some redzone efficiency
- I want to see some 3rd down efficiency
- I want to see our d-line dominate
- I want to see Stafford make it out of the game without getting hurt
- I want to see a win(at the very least with the first team playing)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pre-season Game 1: Lions - Bengals

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

the game will be on NFL Network tomorrow at 10 AM. Set to record.

If Best is playing, I would like to see something explosive from him.
I want Stafford to take a hit and get up from it.
I want to see the secondary look decent.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:25 pm

I want to see;
Stafford throw deep. Scared to death that the better the Lions are perceived to be the more conservative the Schwartz will get.
Best with burst. At least one run with burst of speed making everyone else looks slow.
Burleson be involved. I think he could have a very respectible season if he can establigh himself early. Now is early for Burley.
Suh throw a QB like a spear, maybe a fine worthy hit or two.
Tullock looks hands down like the best LB on the D. Not asking a lot given the crowd he's in, and I guess that's the point. If you can't stand out in this group of LBers....
The O-line not getting embarassed. I know this is a lot to ask, but open up a hole or two and keep the QB from dropping and sprinting all day.

No injuries. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Okay, I didn't mind seeing Suh spearing the QB into the ground. Just hope this doesn't become his signature play: piledriving a QB down into the turf in exhibition season games. A little concerned at how easily the Bungholes ran past Suh. And I wasn't able to commit to the game like I had hoped to, but I don't recall seeing Tulloch at all. Would have been nice to see an inside LB plugging up the hole at Suh side.
Sadly didn't see the deep threat game from Stafford, ahh I am impatient.
Best didn't burst, didn't really get free in space to explode.
Not sure why, but I like the way Aaron Brown runs. He may work in the right situation. Maybe a Skins or Bronco one cut and run style or something.
Williams should be cut early, let him try on somewhere else. Starting off with two flat out drops was all I need see to end the career of Derrick Williams.
Stefan Logan was a treat. Had forgotten how dangerous he looks returning kicks.
Must admit, did not watch second half at all. had company, beers and broads took over. (not as exciting as it sounds, broads were long established signifacant others, and I bought all the beer -- come to think of it, though, neither beer nor broads disappointed :-) )
Good times, and we have officially kicked off the Lions 2011 season.

ps--Anyone else think the league shot itself in the foot with moving the kick off like to the 35 yardline? Boooo

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:15 am

Things started out s fast in the Lions favor I think it was tough to see some things with the first team. Basically 2 short drives for the #1 offense - I think they moved the ball well - running game was a little weak, but I think they wanted to establish the pass to show everyone that Stafford is healthy. Overall I give it a B+
I like the win
I like the big win
I liked Stafford to Johnson for a TD
I liked Stafford to Nate for a TD
I liked early turnovers - and taking advantage of them
I like our back-up QB and feel good about the season even if Stafford doesn't make it :-o

As for the crowd - second hand report:
About 1/2 full stadium
A lot of people traveling back and forth to see Lions and listen to concert
Many left early in the 3rd Q
Crowd was into the game early and said it was pretty loud
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:08 pm

dream_017 wrote:I liked Stafford to Johnson for a TD
I liked Stafford to Nate for a TD

Loved the Megatron TD, that play can happen almost any time they want in that situation.
All I could think as they reviewed the Burleson catch was how the Schwartz was surprised and looked sarcastic as the play was ruled a TD. Far more doubt about it being a legit catch than Megatron's.

BTW, the review of all TDs is another bad NFL idea. Slow the game, take out the emotion. A TD is not supposed to sound like a funeral, but it sure gets quiet as they look at the tape while lawyers feverishly examine rule book for obsccure passages. Idiots

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 am

moochman wrote:BTW, the review of all TDs is another bad NFL idea. Slow the game, take out the emotion. A TD is not supposed to sound like a funeral, but it sure gets quiet as they look at the tape while lawyers feverishly examine rule book for obsccure passages. Idiots

I guess I don't mind it too much, but I think they if they are going to do it they have to do it all the way. Either that or I think they have it backwards. Shouldn't they review the scoring plays that are not ruled a TD? If the refs rule it a TD it should stand unless the opposing coach challenges. If it is not ruled a TD, shouldn't the league(the replay booth) overturn it so that it is ruled correctly :-? It should also be quicker - just have a dedicated ref to review plays for each game and buzz the ref if something is wrong.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

moochman wrote:Okay, I didn't mind seeing Suh spearing the QB into the ground.

somebody did... 20k fine for the hit. I haven't seen it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... s-suhfined

Suh was fined $7,500 for what he did to Delhomme, grabbing his face mask, twisting it and slamming him to the ground. He was docked $15,000 for shoving Cutler hard and high in the back from behind during a game last December.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
moochman wrote:Okay, I didn't mind seeing Suh spearing the QB into the ground.

somebody did... 20k fine for the hit. I haven't seen it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... s-suhfined

Suh was fined $7,500 for what he did to Delhomme, grabbing his face mask, twisting it and slamming him to the ground. He was docked $15,000 for shoving Cutler hard and high in the back from behind during a game last December.

Cheap shot , no doubt,Suh was sending a message to QBs: don't get too comfy. NFL sent one back, and it was a bit of an excessive a fine. Don't like it only because it sets a target on Suh's back. Zebras will be quicker with the whistle. Interested to see if Suh does any of this stuff when it counts. I hate the thought of him getting a suspension of some iffy call based on a history of trying to hurt QBs in exhibition games.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions