Need to Pick One Keeper *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need to Pick One Keeper *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need to Pick One Keeper *WHIR*

Postby stickkeys108 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:17 pm

12 team, H2H, 2-keeper, very competitive, PPR league.

I'm definitely keeping Ray Rice as a 10th Rounder.

I was originally going to keep Maurice Jones-Drew (1st Rounder) also, but the more I think about it the more I start leaning towards the possibility of keeping Dwayne Bowe (4th Round) or Kenny Britt (15th Round) instead.

The best avail. RBs in the first round, should I choose not to keep MJD are Steven Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ryan Matthews, etc.

My thought process would be to keep one of the WRs as my WR2 and draft a RB2 in first and a WR1 in the second.

What do you think?
stickkeys108
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need to Pick One Keeper *WHIR*

Postby JackedSierra » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 pm

id go bowe with the 4th... but how is rice only costing you a 10th?
1 point ppr
stafford, henne
best, deangelo, mccoy, benson, starks
fitzgerald, d-jax, jordy nelson, harvin, hester
gates, gonzalez
rackers
baltimore
JackedSierra
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stickkeys108 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

JackedSierra wrote:id go bowe with the 4th... but how is rice only costing you a 10th?

Drafted him two years ago.
stickkeys108
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:32 pm

I would go with Britt simply because of the great value. I'm not huge on Bowe this year. He had a cake schedule last year which boosted his stats and this year its significantly more difficult. I don't think a 4th is that good of value for him
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:03 am

I would rank them purely on value

Bowe
Britt
MJD

BUT... IF those are the only RB's available to you in the first you have issues. Where do you draft? If MJD and SJax go off teh baord before you draft it gets ugly if you have Bradshaw or Matthews as your RB2.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stickkeys108 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

bungle613 wrote:I would rank them purely on value

Bowe
Britt
MJD

BUT... IF those are the only RB's available to you in the first you have issues. Where do you draft? If MJD and SJax go off teh baord before you draft it gets ugly if you have Bradshaw or Matthews as your RB2.

What kind of leagues are you in if those guys are bad RB2's? I'd be picking 8th overall and based on talking with my commisioner, it's going to be a WR heavy 1st round with the only receivers kept being Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant and potentially Dwayne Bowe.
stickkeys108
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:38 pm

If you draft 8th, I would probably just keep MJD to pair with Rice then take best available WR in the 2nd.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:12 pm

stickkeys108 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I would rank them purely on value

Bowe
Britt
MJD

What kind of leagues are you in if those guys are bad RB2's? I'd be picking 8th overall and based on talking with my commisioner, it's going to be a WR heavy 1st round with the only receivers kept being Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant and potentially Dwayne Bowe.

Matthews ended up 32nd last year and is already being panned for showing up out of shape and has had Tolbert start in front of him in a preseason game. All indications are a true RBBC this year.

Bradshaw did fine last year ending up 13th but that was with a dinged up Jacobs. I wouldn't want to count on that again. Prior to 2010 Bradshaw has never cracked the top 25 for Rb's.

Just my 2 cents.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions