RB1: A. Foster
RB2: L. McCoy
WR1: A. Johnson
WR2: M. Austin
Flex: T. Hightower
TE: B. Celek
D: Steelers
K: N. Kaeding

Austin was the best WR available at 3. VD was there at 6, but I didn't see that :-\. Wanted Tolbert and Julio Jones at 11 and 12, but both were taken with the two picks before me, ha. I know I don't really have depth on my bench beyond Hightower, so i'm hoping Stafford becomes a stud so I can upgrade at my WR2 spot or maybe get a Top 2 TE. I drafted 3 TEs hoping one becomes a solid starter. Beyond that, I drafted back ups just in case starters go down.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How'd I do?

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:52 am

You're starting lineup is very good, but as you said you're bench is only fair. But to be optimistic, if no one gets hurt on your team, you should do very well.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Re: How'd I do?

Postby Pitfan2782 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:You're starting lineup is very good, but as you said you're bench is only fair. But to be optimistic, if no one gets hurt on your team, you should do very well.

Sigh, looking back, I could have drafted Celek in the 13th, and Keller in the 15th. That means I could have had Tolbert in the 7th, and Julio in the 9th. Would have made my bench stronger. Then again, like you said, if everyone stays healthy i'll be a hard team to beat.

Also, in case people were wondering, I chose my defense and kicker early because I don't like to play the match-up game. I'd rather have a defense and kicker I can rely on each week. I've always gambled on my roster staying healthy the whole season, with 1 quality back-up at the QB, RB, and WR spot just in case. I feel I got that quality with Stafford (the irony), Hightower, and Ford.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FantasyImpactDude » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:57 am

I'm not a fan of drafting multiple QB, TE. DEF, and K.

However, your QB was a good pick. Stafford I believe is going to have a pretty good year, and you'll be able to get a flex player at least, maybe even WR 2.

Three TEs is not necessary. I understand you want to pick the best one to be your starter, but two is plenty. Trade your best TE. Get as much value out of him as you can. I can guarantee you the difference between your best and worst tight end will be very small.

Why did you draft a kicker before the last round? Kickers and Defenses are random each week, there's no such thing as a "stud fantasy kicker". You could make that arguement for defenses, but you never really know how a defense is going to do. That wasn't a very smart pick.

I actually like your starting lineup, but you have no depth. There isn't much you can do besides trade one (I recommend two) of your TEs. Cross your fingers Stafford does well so you can get a value player out of him.

Good luck this year!
Draft September 2nd! Last Year 2nd Place 9-4-1 in regular season
FantasyImpactDude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FantasyImpactDude » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 am

Sorry Pitman. Didn't see your post about drafting the D/ST and K early. Again however, kickers are so random every week, it's hard to find a reliable option every week.
Draft September 2nd! Last Year 2nd Place 9-4-1 in regular season
FantasyImpactDude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pitfan2782 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:53 am

FantasyImpactDude wrote:Sorry Pitman. Didn't see your post about drafting the D/ST and K early. Again however, kickers are so random every week, it's hard to find a reliable option every week.

I truly believe the Chargers will lead the league in scoring this season, so I wanted to make sure I got their kicker to take advantage of that. I could have drafted him 3-4 rounds later, but it was one of those calls where I knew who I wanted, and I was going to get him. Not the smartest move, but one I hope pays off in the end. That said, I do see your point on the randomness, and that's how I usually think, but this time it was one of those 'gut' feelings, ha.
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings