Brady vs Rodgers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Brady vs Rodgers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady vs Rodgers

Postby ReuterNation » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Im in a keeper league. Im in desperate need of running backs. We havent done our draft yet. I had a trade offered. They offered me Tom Brady and Chris Johnson for Aaron Rodgers and Shonn Greene. What do you think?

This is the last year Rodgers Brady and Johnson are eligible for keeper status. Greene has one more year after this.

It seems like its kind of obvious I should do the trade but Im having a real hard time letting go of Rodgers. Plus Johnson holding out and talks of Greene having a good year. He burned me last year so im not even sure if I would keep him any way.

Idk need an outside opinion. Hopefully lots of them

Thanks
ReuterNation
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady vs Rodgers

Postby yetiboy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Thomas Jones creates too much of a RBBC situation for Greene to be worth it this year - but next year he may be on his own.

If you were able to keep Greene longer than one more year, I MIGHT be inclined to stay put - but there's no guarantee Greene will pan out the way he should, and that he won't be in a committee again.

That being said, any opportunity to get CJ2K at that price is worth it, since Rodgers/Brady is virtually a tossup (slight edge to Rodgers probably, but not significant). Basically you're getting Johnson for Greene - no doubter!

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

My first inclination would be to tell you to take it, but I understand the hesitation due to the ability to keep Greene another year.

I guess I would go with my first inclination... go for the win now as the upgrade from Greene to CJ more than cancels out the downgrade from Rodgers to Brady.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:18 pm

You have a panicked CJ424 owner on your hands and can take advantage of it. Rodgers is the class of the QB's in a keeper league but Brady isn't that far off. Greene is unproven and even if he hits, is not on the level of Johnson. Take the deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions