Avoid the Drop Off - Keeper Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Avoid the Drop Off - Keeper Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Avoid the Drop Off - Keeper Question

Postby woods_opc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:31 pm

14 team keeper league where you keep four players year over year without any penalties on drafting. Set on AP and Jennings, need to keep two more. Standard scoring, no ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR starts.

Brady
Vincent Jackson
Michael Turner
Ahmad Bradshaw

Hard not to think Turner should be one, but he just seems like he could be this year's early round bust. (power runner that is aging)

thoughts?

WHIR
woods_opc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Avoid the Drop Off - Keeper Question

Postby ReuterNation » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Depends on how your scoring is. I would say your in a win win. No terrible picks out of all of them. Personally I would go Turner Brady no doubt. I think they are both very safe picks. I would do Bradshaw over Jackson but once again depends on how your league scores and also what you think will be more available of in draft (wr/rb) in my league rbs are scarce and I usually have no problem grabbing a out of no where wr a couple weeks in. Usually a lot harder to find a reliable rb. Tom Brady on the other hand, Keeper no matter what. Id keep him before Jennings. Jennings would be another reason I would take Turner or Bradshaw over Jackson. AP Jennings Brady and Turner. Thats a recipe for a championship EXPECIALLY in a 14 team league.
ReuterNation
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby yetiboy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 pm

I have to agree with the camp that says Turner will be a first round bust this year. That doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't keep him though - I don't think he's a first rounder this year, but I wouldn't pass him up in the 2nd round.

Interesting that you would choose Jennings but not immediately choose VJ. I've somehow managed to draft Jennings in a number of leagues the past 2 years, and this year I'll be staying away from him. The TDs just aren't there, even if they did comeback a bit last year.

If I were you, I'd be keeping AP, VJ, Turner and Bradshaw (I think his load will be greater this year). There's a good crop of receivers that are 5th-6th round ADP, which means a number of them should still be around as a decent WR2 for you when it comes to the first round of picking. While others will likely be looking at RB, you'll have 3 excellent starters already in your lineup. There's also the option of picking up Schaub, Ryan or Big Ben at around that time if you want to go QB instead.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Give me Brady and VJax easily over the others to pair with your other two... highest upside available.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby woods_opc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:45 pm

I think I am leading towards Brady and VJax. I just have a feeling that I will spend most of the season looking to trade Turner for a solid WR. Even if he has a good year, it is likely that it is the last given his age and usage rate.

I don't want to be the next LT, Westbrook or Shaun Alexander owner that held on too long.
woods_opc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions