Draft strategy question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft strategy question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft strategy question

Postby pop2160 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Ok so i am in a standard scoring with some twist on QB....TD points depend on length of touchdown under 40 yards is 4 points 40 to 60 is 5 and over that is 6. But any way i am drafting 9th out of 10 i know my league foes like to draft QB's but there is depth there this year i am concerned about the RB that are falling to me MJD, McCoy, Mendy, or even turner....in most mocks i can get 2 of those backs which ok looks good but they all have injury issues or alot of yards/carries on them. so i was thinking what if i could go WR, WR, then maybe RB....or if brady was there at 3rd get WR,WR QB but realistically i dont see that...

This could give me the likes of Andre johnson Calvin Johnson or Roddy white in some combination. with my first 2 picks...then my RB are the likes of greene, cendric benson, matt forte, felix jones, fred jackson, moreno.....again some combo of 2.....that could leave me taking a QB in the 5th.....romo or shaub or a TE like witten.....
If i go wtih TE i would then be waiting on a QB like stafford, bradford, elli manning and freeman....Which doesnt bother me if i had stud WR and good Rb i would draft 4 QB and play the matchups i am just not sure if i like that idea....

What are your guys/gals thoughts on this
pop2160
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft strategy question

Postby LMack » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I personally am planning on going RB/RB this year but towards the end of the round I could see opening up WR/WR. If you draft two wideouts, then you have to look RB after. If you can get Matt Forte in the 3rd that would be amazing value but I don't think there is anyway you'll be able to swing that. That being said, some running backs who I would target with your strategy are Shonn Greene, Felix Jones and Jahvid Best. If you get extreme value at TE or QB don't be afraid to pull the trigger, but otherwise I'm pretty comfortable waiting on both this year.

There is a thread over in Football Talk discussing draft strategies. Not a whole lot of discussion going on just yet but give it a look, viewtopic.php?t=491531
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:36 pm

I don't think it is a PPR league so I would personally look at RB/WR or WR/RB depening on who was there. From what you mention, my ideal scenario would be McCoy then AJ or Calvin. 2nd choice would be AJ then Mendy.

I don't have issues with passing on a RB in the first but find it tough to deal with passing on a RB in BOTH the 1st and 2nd.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pop2160 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:15 pm

In reality i am thinking that i am going to look to get McCoy with the 9th pick if he aint then either white or A. Johnson with an RB in the 2nd round.....i was just throwing other ideas out there becasue in mocks i have seen a few ppl do this WR WR things but i am unsure how i feel bout it
pop2160
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions