16 team draft advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

16 team draft advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

16 team draft advice

Postby acefilleddreams » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:15 pm

I want some advice on a 16 team draft. It is a snake draft and I pick 16th.

Only thing special about the points is .5pts for 10 kick return yards, and they used espn's yards allowed for points.

I think it would be obvious that I would need my number 3 receiver to be a kick returner. Are there any good 1 or 2 WR that return kicks?

Also, I normally pick running backs first two rounds, but being that i pick 16th I will be past the "elite" running backs and have gotten into the area of elite QB's. I am thinking if they available my first two picks would be brees/forte.

Roster looks like this
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
DST
K
acefilleddreams
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16 team draft advice

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Welcome to the Cafe,

In a 16 teamer I would be looking at BPA regardless of position for your 1-2 turn. Whoever it is, you need them. Gore and Fitz are currently going 16th and 17th which is a good start. 16 teamers for QB's are spooky. I hate drafting a QB early but once you are in 14+ leagues you have to put a little more emphasis on the QB position. I would not feel teh need to grab one int eh 1st or 2nd but probably would grab one in the 3rd or 4th depending on who was avaialble. That stretch from you 4th to your 5th is going to be long and you will see a ton of talent dry up.

As for your WR3. Wr is always deep. I can't think of anyone at WR who is guaranteed a KR gig this year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: 16 team draft advice

Postby acefilleddreams » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:59 pm

bpa
acefilleddreams
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions