Draft RB or WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft RB or WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft RB or WR?

Postby itsyourboyl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:11 pm

We start 1 QB 3 WR 2 RB 1TE 1W/R 1W/T. Do you think i should go heavy on drafting WR since there is a lot of WR position open? Any help would be appreciated. I draft tomorrow at 12.
itsyourboyl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft RB or WR?

Postby etl1692 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Which has more depth WR or RB? Im in the same boat. I wanna either go hard on WR or RB, depending on whose available.
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Take the BPA for the first 4-6 rounds and then see what direction is available to you. I see serviceable WR's being deep with a few having the chance of breaking out and RB's there will always be someone that turns into gold.

RB's will likely dry up by the 9th, WR's you can go easily into the 11th for guys that could turn into top 20 WR's by years end.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby itsyourboyl » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:02 am

What does BPA stand for? Forgot to tell you guys that it is a 10 player ppr league. One more question, I am playing on Yahoo Fantasy Football and I set my own pre-draftranking ranking but I don't know how to use it when I draft instead of using Yahoo's ranking. I want to use my own ranking to make it easier for me on my draft.
Thanks
itsyourboyl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 am

BPA = Best Player Available

Don't get locked into thinking you ahve to take a RB or a WR in a certain round. Take the best player you have ranked along with some logic and you will be fine.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

bungle613 wrote:BPA = Best Player Available

Don't get locked into thinking you ahve to take a RB or a WR in a certain round. Take the best player you have ranked along with some logic and you will be fine.

Agreed 100%. I go into my drafts with a top-50 and don't really deviate from that (other than avoiding obvious things like taking 2 QBs early). With your flex positions, you can also start 3 RBs... if the right guys fall to you, you can hold a big advantage over other teams at that position.

Just don't reach for a position in those first 50 or so picks... after your list runs out THEN start thinking about positional needs.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby itsyourboyl » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:59 am

Thanks for the tip, makes sense. But do you guys have any clue about using your own ranking on Yahoo FF??
itsyourboyl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:44 am

itsyourboyl wrote:Thanks for the tip, makes sense. But do you guys have any clue about using your own ranking on Yahoo FF??

I haven't played on Yahoo in a few years but I imagine it is the same. YOu can go through and manually prerank all your players. You can completely remove players if you do not want to draft them. Takes some time but it can and probably should be done.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions