Some tough Draft and Keeper questions. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Some tough Draft and Keeper questions. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some tough Draft and Keeper questions. WHIR

Postby Millcity_Maniac » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 am

Ok Im in a 14 team league w standard scoring, I have 2nd pick, do I target a rb or go for qb? I was leaning toward qb either Rodgers or Brady(slight edge towards Brady. Maybe some homerism there). Who would you take @ 2?

In the keeper league we can keep 4 guys. 3 of a different position and one floater of any. I have Josh Freeman over Orton as a keeper, for rbs i have Blount, Hillis, Turner and for wrs I have Colston and Lloyd. I dont have alot of faith in Turner this year so I was thinking of keeping Blount and Hillis. I was also leaning towards colston for the wr. So I would end up with Freeman, Hillis, Blount, Colston. My reasoning is I'm weary that of Fox's play calling (runk run,pass, punt) will effect both "ordinary" orton and lloyd. What do you think?
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the bad ass sig banner! Quick and great work. Lets Go Patriots!!
Millcity_Maniac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Some tough Draft and Keeper questions. WHIR

Postby Instinctive » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:15 am

I wouldn't keep a QB and draft one right away.

What TEs could you keep? What RBs and WRs will be available? Your goal (besides winning) should be to finish the year with a WR and a RB worth keeping as no brainers. You're keeping a RB2 and a WR2 and a bottom QB1. Gotta improve on that base.

So I like Rodgers at your pick, but then keeping Freeman is useless. What TEs do you have?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Millcity_Maniac » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:34 am

Ok sorry I was a little confusing. I have 2nd pick in a dif non keeper league w 14 teams. That's the one I'm leaning towards drafting a QB w 2nd overall pick instead of a RB. So wanted some input on that.

Then in the keeper here is my roster notables.

QB- Freeman, Orton
RB- Hillis, Blount, Turner
WR-Colston, Lloyd, Garcon
TE- V. Davis, D. Kellar

So I have 3rd pick in the keeper league with 12 teams. I don't think there is going to be a better qb to draft than Freeman, he had bout 3500 yrd, 25 tds and only 6 int last year. So I was leaning towards keeping him.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the bad ass sig banner! Quick and great work. Lets Go Patriots!!
Millcity_Maniac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby futureprodigy88 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:48 am

Don't go for a QB as 2nd overall pick. Get Foster or A.P. who ever is available. Brady is sliding to late 2nd round possibly 3rd round. You can get Brady in the 2nd round. The only Qbs going in the 1st round is Vick and Rodgers but I would still not advise to get them that early. I don't select a QB until the 4th round if not later. So if you want Brady, get him in the 2nd round...he will be there in 90% of the drafts.

As for keepers, you dont have any solid choices. None of your keepers will be drafted in the top 2 rounds this year except for Turner probably.

I would keep

RB: Turner
WR: Lloyd
TE: Davis
Floater: Hillis

Answer my question:
viewtopic.php?t=491597
futureprodigy88
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)