Convince me to take RB with #6 pick.12 team Redraft WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Convince me to take RB with #6 pick.12 team Redraft WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Convince me to take RB with #6 pick.12 team Redraft WHIR

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:26 am

i agree with you about the RB talent dropoff at #6 , BUT with ppr, Mccoy is a great pick at #6. He will catch a ton of passes in that offense with vick scrambling around. so in ppr i think the dropoff is after mccoy.

If you go AJ first round i think you'll still be ok with RBs in the 2nd and 3rd. this year seems like alot of mediocre RBs in rounds 2-4. blount, bradshaw, greene, best, matthews, moreno, deangelo, grant, ingram, felix. (Some of them with some top 10 potential, and i'd target those-blount, greene, grant, ingram)
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby srlarson » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 am

PPR is the Key here......with that I take McCoy.....seperates him...... look WR 2nd and 3rd.....to max pts...

good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Guv » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Just reading the posts above me, I can't really think of anything else to add.
If what was said already isn't enough to sway your decision, then it appears the only one that will be able convince you to go with McCoy is yourself.

Please Help:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=491767#p3320099
Guv
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby iloveny18 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 am

Guv wrote:If what was said already isn't enough to sway your decision, then it appears the only one that will be able convince you to go with McCoy is yourself.

ok, could you ask him for me...lol

seriously though, maybe i'm a little convinced, but 2 things bother me.
1)what about his leg injury. If this is something that lingers all season that could limit his productivity
2) he's not the consensus top 6, i've seen him ranked and taken as low as 9
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

1)what about his leg injury. If this is something that lingers all season that could limit his productivity

I wouldnt worry about the leg, it kept him out of the first week of preseason games.. hardly any starters even play in the first week of preseason. they are saying he's questionable for week 2 of the preseason, but I think this is more precautionary then anything else. If it really scares you, grab ronnie brown with one of your last few picks.

He seems to be a concesus top 5 pick in any ppr rankings I've seen, not sure where youve seen him ranked lower then that. taken as low as 9 is differnt situation. I've seen him taken in the end of the first round in a 12 team league, but I think this is more due to the fact that not everyone in a mock draft is drafting a ppr league. In actual drafts, I believe this is more due to people reaching on players like Vick, and Rodgers in the first, others, like yourself not sure on McCoy pass and grab AJ and Roddy.

Like I said previously, I would grab him at 6 and be happy, but if you feel more confident in AJ draft him! its your team, and AJ won't be there in the 2nd for you. its all about how comfortable you are with your players you draft.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 am

iloveny18 wrote:
Guv wrote:

He is absolutely top 6 in all PPR ranks I have seen. CBS know has him #3 overall. His leg is a non issue. He has more upside than any of the elite RB's due to his age and offense.

I honestly think if you are a top 6 pick this year in a PPR format, you absoultely have to walk away with AP, Foster, CJ2K, Rice, Charles or McCoy.

As stated earlier, it's your team. If you want AJ, draft him
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions