2nd Year in 12man Keeper League *RATE* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

2nd Year in 12man Keeper League *RATE*

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd Year in 12man Keeper League *RATE*

Postby Neumann11 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am

I am in a 12 man non-ppr keeper league and keep a total of 3 Keepers from last year. I picked 6th this year, 7th last year.

Before the start of the draft i traded Drew Brees and Payton Hillis For Michael Turner and Frank Gore.

KEEPERS
Frank Gore
Michael Turner
Greg Jennings

DRAFT
4. Knowshon Moreno
5. Bradon Marshall
6. Owen Daniels (Had to take him early as there was a TE waterfall Effect when the 1st TE was taken)
7. Chad Ochocinco
8. Mike Sims-Walker
9. Joseph Addai
10. Joe Flacco
11. Rashad Jennings
12. Sam Bradford
13. Marion barber
14. Jason Snelling
15.Terrell Owens
16. Rob Bironas
17. Charger Defence

Starting Team
Qb-Joe FLacco
RB- Frank Gore
RB- Michael Turner
WR/RB- Knowshon Moreno
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Chad Ochocinco
TE- Owen Daniels
K- Rob bironas
D/ST- Chargers
Neumann11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2nd Year in 12man Keeper League *RATE*

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:02 pm

This team is solid for a 12 team league.

I think the biggest concern for your team is obvious: the age of your running backs. Frank Gore and Michael Turner have been able to produce at an elite level for a long time, but it is possible that both might be starting to slow. At 28 and 29, Gore and Turner both have logged significant mileage in their careers. Turner has had huge carry totals for several consecutive years, and the wheels might finally come off in 2011. Gore is coming off of an injury shortened 2011, and has managed only once to play 16 games in a season during his 6 year NFL career.

But the demise of these two is far from certain. If Gore and Turner manage to stay healthy, they will have significant value as the focal point in their respective offenses. Even if Gore misses a few games with his typical bangs and bruises, the games that he does play will be at an elite level. Even if Michael Turner slows down towards the end of the year, he should be able to log decent numbers early if he is healthy.

I spent the majority of this post addressing your RBs because I like the rest of your team. Jennings, Marshall, and Ochocinco make up a respectable 12 team receivers corp. Owen Daniels is basically the WR2 in Houston, so will be a solid option at TE. Flacco and Bradford will be serviceable as a QBBC this year.

Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: 2nd Year in 12man Keeper League *RATE*

Postby Neumann11 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Thank you for the feed back. I also must agree that I am a little concerned with the ages of my running backs, which usually don't last past the age of 30. Specially workhorse backs such as Turner and Gore, who have a lot of wear and tear. I might not even have 3 for liable Keepers next year, as I could see Turner dropping off the face of the earth, like other Running Backs, such as Shaun Alexander and Larry Johnson.

I still think Trading Bree's and Hillis for Turner and Gore was a big upgrade and gives me the best chance of winning this year. Hillis is young, but I don't think he will repeat, He has a very good o-line, but not much around him and has to play the Ravens and Steeler's defense twice a year. He too I think has had his own share of injury problems. Furthermore I think I took Bree's way to early last year (1st Round), this year my strategy was to take a QB in the late rounds, as I think that position has a lot of depth in Fantasy. I also didn't like the idea of Bree's being a keeper when Josh Freeman nearly had as many fantasy points last year.

Both Gore and Turner should finish in or near the top #10 among Rb's, I think Gore could even be top 5 IF he stays healthy. Turner although slowing down should still produce as he is likely to see 300+ touches. Overall with Knowshon I think this gives me a very solid RB core, and should give me a shot at the Title. The key for my team like many others will be to stay healthy, which most of the time is hard to predict.
Neumann11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings