Reggie Bush vs. Mike Tolbert in PPR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Reggie Bush vs. Mike Tolbert in PPR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Bush vs. Mike Tolbert in PPR?

Postby JC.89 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 pm

1 point per catch.

I'm planning on going with a QB and WR's early this year, so there's a pretty good chance one of these guys will end up as my FLEX play, or even RB2.

Reggie Bush, as well all know, is made out of glass. But in the scoring system he's a consistent 10 points on his bad weeks thanks to how many receptions he gets. If he can keep his legs from shattering in Miami, he could finish as a top 10 back if the stars align.

Mike Tolbert came completely out of no where last year to be a goal line hog as well as the all around best running back in San Diego. With Ryan Mathews off to a slow start in pre-season, and Tolbert supposedly slated for third down duty, there's alot to love here.

Who would you draft and why?
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush vs. Mike Tolbert in PPR?

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Tolbert did very well last year when needed but he is not an NFL back. Also, if Matthews gets his act together, it could relegate Tolbert to a 8 touch guy. Bush if he can stay healthy can be a dominant PPR player. I would take Bush hands down.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JC.89 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

bungle613 wrote:Tolbert did very well last year when needed but he is not an NFL back. Also, if Matthews gets his act together, it could relegate Tolbert to a 8 touch guy. Bush if he can stay healthy can be a dominant PPR player. I would take Bush hands down.

Thanks
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm not sure it matters. If either of these guys is your RB #2, you are in trouble. I disagree with the two priors though. Tolbert has a much better chance of being a consistent performer. Bush has shown year after year he can't handle more than 10 touches and Mia is going to be horrid this year. I'd take Tolbert every time.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby jaysfreak13 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 pm

I would take Tolbert ahead of Bush to be honest Mathews showed no signs of staying healthy and Tolbert will still contribute. I don't trust Mathews to stay healthy and I don't trust Bush to stay healthy all year either and the Dolphins are going to be bad.
jaysfreak13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JC.89 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks everyone.

I was leaning towards Tolbert before, but now I'm just unsure... ;-D
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 pm

JC.89 wrote:Thanks everyone.

To unconfuse (is that even a word?) you, I may be the only one to say Bush. I would guess that 9 of 10 posters will tell you Tolbert. I just think they will be wrong. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JC.89 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm

bungle613 wrote:
JC.89 wrote:Thanks everyone.

To unconfuse (is that even a word?) you, I may be the only one to say Bush. I would guess that 9 of 10 posters will tell you Tolbert. I just think they will be wrong. :-b

I'm very high on Bush because of how many catches he could potentially get should he play 14-16 games.

50 catches, 800 totals yards, and 5 total TD's is worth 160 points in our league's PPR scoring system, which last season would have made him the 27th highest scoring Running Back. That's not bad for a guy I'm talking about snagging in round seven or later. And I'd say those totals are pretty modest considering he managed 34 catches in only eight games last season.

But that's the upside. The downside is his proneness to injury, which Tolbert doesn't have. Tolbert also plays on a much better team, will almost certainly have more total touchdowns, and is coming off a much better year.

I'm torn. And I don't think I'll be able to snag both. :-t
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions