trade money in keeper league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

trade money in keeper league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

trade money in keeper league?

Postby Philomath » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I am in a keeper auction ppr league. Currently trading money is not allowed and a few owners and myself would like to change that. There are very few trades that occur in this league and we believe that having those values attached to players makes it difficult. So, we started talking about being able to trade money to help promote trades. We aren't sure of all the logistics about how this would work, but figured that we could allow money to be carried over from the draft into the year. Meaning that if you didn't use all your money at the draft you could use to help make trades during the season. Or, we came up with the scenario of being able to use money to trade in the offseason once keepers were handed in, and then money could be used. That money would be subtracted or added (depending on your side of the trade) from your total going into the draft. Of course, with all new ideas, there is a noisy contingent that opposes this. Does anybody allow trading money values in their league? I'm looking for ideas, advice and/or reasons to do or not do this. Thanks in advance!
Philomath
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade money in keeper league?

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I experienced the same thing in my auction league last year. Everybody was so attached to the values they paid to get the player that they used the players auction value as the basis for accepting/rejecting any trades.

The problem with trading money is you should never have any leftovers to begin with after the completion of your auction draft. I like the idea of using your leftover auction money in trades and carrying over as additional auction money for the following year's draft. How much leftover do you think teams will really have though? IMO not enough to entice someone into a trade.

I've personally switched back to a snake draft because Yahoo for instance allows trades of future draft picks/players during the draft in franchise leagues.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philomath » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks Chicago 2 for responding.

This league will definitely remain auction. Everyone is in love with it. I agree with you that after the auction there will not be much money leftover - probably only a few dollars here or there. The most likely scenario would be trading money in the off season after keepers are handed in. Did your league run into any problems with this? Any advice?
Philomath
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Philomath wrote:Thanks Chicago 2 for responding.

This league will definitely remain auction. Everyone is in love with it. I agree with you that after the auction there will not be much money leftover - probably only a few dollars here or there. The most likely scenario would be trading money in the off season after keepers are handed in. Did your league run into any problems with this? Any advice?

We never traded money, I'm not quite sure how you would incorporate this?

We gave up the auction format this year, the auction draft is definitely fun but it seemed to discourage transactions in our league.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philomath » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks Chi 2.

Anybody else have input? Hoping this bump will get a reply or two.
Philomath
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner