Rank my freshly drafted squad! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rank my freshly drafted squad!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank my freshly drafted squad!

Postby DC4MVP » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Literally just got done drafting this team. I got sniped probably more than I have in my 10 years in fantasy football. Just wanna see what others think.

I had the 8th overall pick in a 50/50 snake draft in a 12-team league in a long running league. Yearly re-draft. Non PPR.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (round 5)
RB: Jaamal Charles (round 1)
RB: Michael Turner (round 2)
WR: Vincent Jackson (round 3)
WR: Mario Manningham (round 6)
WR: Brandon Lloyd (round 7)
RB/WR: Ryan Matthews (round 8)
TE: Antonio Gates (round 4)
D/ST: Chiefs (round 12)
K: Josh Brown (round 16)

BENCH

QB: Kevin Kolb (round 11)
RB: Marshawn Lynch (round 9)
RB: Jason Snelling (round 15)
WR: Lance Moore (round 10)
WR: Mike Williams (Seattle, round 14)
TE: Jimmy Graham (round 13)

----------------------

Week 6 is going to be brutal with all the byes...
DC4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank my freshly drafted squad!

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Welcome to the Cafe :-D

I think this team is pretty solid from top to bottom. I have minor critiques, but you should be very competitive in 2011.

You are very strong at wide receiver. What I find most impressive about this is that you spent only 1 of your first 5 picks on wideouts, but you ended up with 3 solid options. VJax with a full season of Phillip Rivers should be productive, and Manningham benefits from Smith being gone and Nicks being slightly injury prone. Brandon Lloyd is being very devalued and is a common bust label for 2011, but I think the backlash is far too harsh. Lloyd will likely regress some, but he does get to keep Kyle Orton as his QB. If Tebow was the starting QB in Denver I would be more worried, and this may happen in Denver, but likely not until the end of the season.

Jamaal Charles is super taleneted. JC Superstar looks to get more touches in 2011, which can't hurt. Turner is a slight injury concern due the nature of his workload over the past couple of years, but if he can stay healthy he can rack up TDs. I see you have Snelling as a handcuff, so you are well aware of all of this. Ryan Mathews is a slight injury risk after missing time in 2010 with a high ankle sprain, but is a taleneted back on a high powered offense. Keep in mind Mathews might

To round out your roster you have the number one tight end in Antonio Gates and a few solid backups in Lynch and Graham

Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby DC4MVP » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:59 pm

LMack wrote:Welcome to the Cafe :-D

I think this team is pretty solid from top to bottom. I have minor critiques, but you should be very competitive in 2011.

You are very strong at wide receiver. What I find most impressive about this is that you spent only 1 of your first 5 picks on wideouts, but you ended up with 3 solid options. VJax with a full season of Phillip Rivers should be productive, and Manningham benefits from Smith being gone and Nicks being slightly injury prone. Brandon Lloyd is being very devalued and is a common bust label for 2011, but I think the backlash is far too harsh. Lloyd will likely regress some, but he does get to keep Kyle Orton as his QB. If Tebow was the starting QB in Denver I would be more worried, and this may happen in Denver, but likely not until the end of the season.

Jamaal Charles is super taleneted. JC Superstar looks to get more touches in 2011, which can't hurt. Turner is a slight injury concern due the nature of his workload over the past couple of years, but if he can stay healthy he can rack up TDs. I see you have Snelling as a handcuff, so you are well aware of all of this. Ryan Mathews is a slight injury risk after missing time in 2010 with a high ankle sprain, but is a taleneted back on a high powered offense. Keep in mind Mathews might

To round out your roster you have the number one tight end in Antonio Gates and a few solid backups in Lynch and Graham

Good luck in 2011 ;-D

Thanks for the review! It's great to get someone else's view on your team. I've been at the Cafe for a while but logged in under my first try at a username lol.

I still don't like that almost half of my starters have a bye on week 6. However, I still took the BPA which is what you gotta do then figure something out when week 6 comes.

It was weird draft, though. Arian Foster was taken SEVENTH and almost made it to me at 8 making it basically Rice or Charles. hard choice but went with JC.

WR is deep this year and there was a lot of value in the mid-rounds. I do regret taking Antonio Gates over Matt Ryan though with there being a few solid TEs...
DC4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Having multiple players on the same bye week isn't always the worst thing. If you win all of your regular season weeks except for week 6, that isn't too bad is it? :-b

I would check out this thread viewtopic.php?t=491041 It is a couple weeks old, but it has some opinions on how to manage bye weeks and discusses that multiple players on one bye isn't necessarily bad.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby scholeseye » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

DC4MVP wrote:Literally just got done drafting this team. I got sniped probably more than I have in my 10 years in fantasy football. Just wanna see what others think.

I had the 8th overall pick in a 50/50 snake draft in a 12-team league in a long running league. Yearly re-draft. Non PPR.

BENCH

----------------------

Whoa! That is a good team. JC and Turner as RBs! I am big on both and I had to settle with Rice at 6 since JC was gone. Beware of Matthews, you could be using Moore a lot more. I like him, as he was sort of a 'go-to' guy in the redzone for Brees. Also, you have Lynch who is going to get a lot of touches this season, so your backups looks good.

I like how you took VJax and Gates both. Rivers will look their way in 8/10 situations.

Chiefs are not a strong Defensive team, but a Defence-by-Committee should be helpful. Have a look at this article.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2011/ ... -pairs.cfm

Chiefs can be paired with the Redskins for a favorable schedule.

All the best.
scholeseye
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DC4MVP » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:51 pm

scholeseye wrote:
DC4MVP wrote:Literally just got done drafting this team. I got sniped probably more than I have in my 10 years in fantasy football. Just wanna see what others think.

BENCH

----------------------

Whoa! That is a good team. JC and Turner as RBs! I am big on both and I had to settle with Rice at 6 since JC was gone. Beware of Matthews, you could be using Moore a lot more. I like him, as he was sort of a 'go-to' guy in the redzone for Brees. Also, you have Lynch who is going to get a lot of touches this season, so your backups looks good.

I like how you took VJax and Gates both. Rivers will look their way in 8/10 situations.

Chiefs are not a strong Defensive team, but a Defence-by-Committee should be helpful. Have a look at this article.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2011/ ... -pairs.cfm

Chiefs can be paired with the Redskins for a favorable schedule.

All the best.

Thanks for the review!

I'm not too high on D/ST so I just play it week by week and find the best match-up out of the waiver-wire. Like take a team who's playing the worst offenses in the league. I've been doing this for quite sometime and it usually works out.

I'll def. look into the D by committee, though!
DC4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings